Last Hard Sugar Maple Logging Job of 2022 And "orientation" for a friend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I refuse to beta test for the enemy.
Wait till you can't get parts for 90% of the saws in your username. Besides that any patent rights were lost 20+ years ago. I'm not a clone fan either, but thats where we're at in this day and age. Wasn't so long ago where a Japanese company was looked on. With the same distain as a Chinese company.

Wait till you can't get parts for 90% of the saws in your username. Besides that any patent rights were lost 20+ years ago. I'm not a clone fan either, but thats where we're at in this day and age. Wasn't so long ago where a Japanese company was looked on. With the same distain as a Chinese company.
I've been collecting OEM chainsaw "carcasses" for my working saws, at a couple for each Stilh series I run, some could be made runners, most I got free.

Besides that I am gathering NOS OEM "critical" parts: carb kits, gasket sets, P/Cs/pistons/rings, manifolds/hoses, air filters. I'll wear out before my saws will.

I have NOS stuff for 1122 (064/066), 1119 (038), 1121 (024/026), 1120 (009-012), 1118 (028), and 1125 (034/36) series Stihls. Two boxes full of Stihl RS/RM chains and a bunch of 3003 mount bars. Also some homie stuff for my first saw, a red super XL Dad gave me.

I'll use Chi-Com stuff for plastic covers/buffers, even used one Chi-Com recoil assy

Not newer saws but easy to fix/work on (except homie) and get the job done. I'm covered 40-90cc.

No offense to OP/ @weimedog , if you can make it Chi-Com run reliable on the cheap great. But I bet there is a lot of non-Chi-Com parts involved. And I loved the old IH 1066 tractor logging and the "snowplow"!

I've been collecting OEM chainsaw "carcasses" for my working saws, at a couple for each Stilh series I run, some could be made runners, most I got free.

Besides that I am gathering NOS OEM "critical" parts: carb kits, gasket sets, P/Cs/pistons/rings, manifolds/hoses, air filters. I'll wear out before my saws will.

I have NOS stuff for 1122 (064/066), 1119 (038), 1121 (024/026), 1120 (009-012), 1118 (028), and 1125 (034/36) series Stihls. Two boxes full of Stihl RS/RM chains and a bunch of 3003 mount bars. Also some homie stuff for my first saw, a red super XL Dad gave me.

I'll use Chi-Com stuff for plastic covers/buffers, even used one Chi-Com recoil assy

Not newer saws but easy to fix/work on (except homie) and get the job done. I'm covered 40-90cc.

No offense to OP/ @weimedog , if you can make it Chi-Com run reliable on the cheap great. But I bet there is a lot of non-Chi-Com parts involved. And I loved the old IH 1066 tractor logging and the "snowplow"!
On the blue 395 clone, it has an OEM full wrap kit, a LiL Red Barn popup piston, OEM muffler bolts, OEM 3120 Decomp, and a muffler mod by me. Did those things last summer and been running it pretty much non stop ever since.

Back