Last Independent Husky Distributer Gone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NBailey

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Bee Tee Equipment, who has been supplying us with Husqvarna product since 1974 will be hanging it up later this Spring. I believe they are the last independent Husqvarna distributer left in North America. Everything will go through Charlotte once they close their doors.

Husqvarna Talley

Our current computer system goes back to 1998 and the total Husqvarna powerhead sales is well over 100,000 units, most of them professional (65cc +). We sold a boat loads of 266, 181 and 2100 Husky's during the 80's and early 90's (pre Spotted Owl days), but I don't have any raw data anymore. Back in those days we modified them and called them "Hot Rod Husky's". Those saws still come in once in a blue moon, and they are a white knuckle rush!

Our current computer system goes back to 1998 and the total Husqvarna powerhead sales is well over 100,000 units, most of them professional (65cc +). We sold a boat loads of 266, 181 and 2100 Husky's during the 80's and early 90's (pre Spotted Owl days), but I don't have any raw data anymore. Back in those days we modified them and called them "Hot Rod Husky's". Those saws still come in once in a blue moon, and they are a white knuckle rush!

Over 100,000 units and just since '98 ? I think Husky is shooting themselves in the foot. Why not let somebody who makes money for you just keep on making money for you?

Over 100,000 units and just since '98 ? I think Husky is shooting themselves in the foot. Why not let somebody who makes money for you just keep on making money for you?

I was thinking that too. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Or in this case would it sawing your foot off?

Last edited:
Bailey's...Husqvarna's point man...they need to figure out what it is they are doing...

Maybe so.. but a prior post by spike60 explained it best .. Bailey's really only equalled a handfull (20?) of brick and mortar dealers, but because they sold mail order nationwide, it stopped the local dealer base from being established...

Maybe so.. but a prior post by spike60 explained it best .. Bailey's really only equalled a handfull (20?) of brick and mortar dealers, but because they sold mail order nationwide, it stopped the local dealer base from being established...

Good point. But would those twenty dealers have equalled Bailey's volume of saws sold and income generated for Husky?

I was at our Husky dealer this week and he didn't seem to feel any change in his sales volume so far.

.....and because they sold the volume, we got a better deal than from you rip-off Stihl dealers.....Hahahahahaha!

Jonsered is different. Tilton, at least in the east, I've been told has a long term contact to import them. I see some internet Jonsered sites that seem to be out west. Is this something that is being concidered at Bailey's?

Tilton's territory is in the east. BeeTee takes care of some of the western states, and Charlotte takes care of the rest of the west. I love Tilton, hope they never hang it up.

Bee Tee Equipment, who has been supplying us with Husqvarna product since 1974 will be hanging it up later this Spring. I believe they are the last independent Husqvarna distributer left in North America. Everything will go through Charlotte once they close their doors.

So you will still be carrying the Husky brand of saws correct? Will there be any difference in pricing, or just where they come from?

Good point. But would those twenty dealers have equalled Bailey's volume of saws sold and income generated for Husky?

I was at our Husky dealer this week and he didn't seem to feel any change in his sales volume so far.

Very good point!!!! :rockn: :rockn:

Husky is systematically ruining themselves. First, my brothers shop (who was one of the biggest husqvarna and stihl distributers in the southwest) dumped them because you could go across the street to Lowes and see homeowner models on the shelf for less than their cost. The pros would notice this and it made the shop look like a ripoff. Now Husqvarna is making sure that I cant obtain a husqvarna unless I go to Lowes and buy a 455 rancher by dumping baileys.

Guys are going to Stihl now here, not for price, quality, or service, just because thats all you can find in town. Husqvarna has sold thousands of pro model saws here in the past, I guess they just dont care if they sell saws here anymore.

Yea, GM did the same thing when they got rid of the camaro.Look like they learned the hard way. It's comming back. I hope the same thing happens to husky:mad:

Back