Latest CAD haul: 038A Magnum and 028 Super Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 026 "super magnum" is a new one one me. Maybe somebody will have seen that before and can shed light on the stroy behind it, but I don't think it's common. The 038 magII is an excellent saw with almost the same power as the 044.

Not a bad price.
but I would have bought them blown up and fixed em myself! :rock:
...And then bought 10 other chainsaws with the 300 dollars id have left over. :hmm3grin2orange:

P.S That doesnt look like a new chain on the 038?? :msp_confused:

They are nice looking saws, but they never made an 026 super magnum. He must have made a custom metal tag for the 026. Hopefully he didn't do that with the 038, but I don't think he did.

Considering that neither the 028 or 026 existed as super magnums most of us just looked at the picture you provided to see for ourselves. The saw in the picture clearly is labeled as an 026.

Hopefully you didn't pay more because of the fake "super magnum" designation. And BTW its not an 038A, its an 038AV.

The 026 Super Magnums are very good but a touch slower than the 026 Super Duper Mags. A feller down the road has an 026 Super Duper magnum Special and it is a humdinger. The last in that series was the Super Duper Magnum Special II if I remember correctly and they had the quad port muffler.;)

Al.

Super Magnum.......Ribbed?

:laugh:

The 026 Super Magnums are very good but a touch slower than the 026 Super Duper Mags. A feller down the road has an 026 Super Duper magnum Special and it is a humdinger. The last in that series was the Super Duper Magnum Special II if I remember correctly and they had the quad port muffler.;)

Al.

:laugh:

Al.

LMAO!!!

Thats funny right there, don't care who you are.

:rock:

Hmmm.... I saw an 028 (not 026) with a similar tag. I also thought it was a homemade plate. It had the large blank space after the word Stihl also.
I know they made 028 supers... I have a couple. The one I saw had a tag like the 026 in the picture. There is something to it. :msp_confused: :dunno:

The 026 "super magnum" is a new one one me. Maybe somebody will have seen that before and can shed light on the stroy behind it, but I don't think it's common. The 038 magII is an excellent saw with almost the same power as the 044.

I myself have never heard of that. I have an 028 super that is one of my favorite saws and is my go-to saw for most firewood gigs. However I usually take 3-4 more out of the classic collection.. just because I love old saws.... somethin about em Idk what

Back