leaner, what did I do wrong??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you leave more holding wood on the other side of the lean? Like a pie, with only a little on the lean side.

I have a book called "Back to Basics" and it illustrates and describes just the way you did, I have use a number of ideas from this book and haven't been steered wrong yet.:agree2:

That reminds me of when I was about 6 years old I was ridin to the store with my dads fallin partner (big ol boy about 6,4 and pushin 300 lbs but real lean) he cut some guys off drivin, they followed us to the store, and both these guys from the car got out screamin and yellin about how they were gonna wup his ass, he reached in the back of the crewcab & pulled out a wooden louisville slugger, he handed to the bigger of the 2 guys, the guy said what the hells that for, "he said I wanna a fair fight this oughta better you boys odds now lets go" The guy gently handed the bat back, and said I don't want any trouble. He told me that bat had saved alot of men from gettin their ass kicked over the years.
Anyhow thought I'd share that story.
As to the guy wanting to know what he done wrong when the trees fell into the powerline, all I can say is it's not a good situation to practice in You might be better off hiring someone to fall those for You, and find a better scenario to practice some advanced falling techniques.:)

Brahahahah that reminds me of a time I got put before the county judge for hitting a big sog with a ball bat and putting him in the hospital. Judge asked why I did it and I said he told me he was going to rip my head of and #### in my neck. I believed he would judge so I hit him three or four times. I almost saw a grin on that judges face lol.

Ido alot of felling you can use a wedge a rope or if you have a piece of equipment to push the back works well. Find someone to teach you so you wont get yourself dead

Don't have a ladder, get one! (Or don't cut the tree.)

Don't have a long enough rope, get one! (Or don't cut the tree.)

You can also back a pick-up truck to the tree, then place a ladder in the bed of the truck. This will give you more height.

Also if the tree was leaning toward the electric lines or close to the electric lines, the electric company probably would have considered it a "hazard" tree and cut it down for free. Never hurts to ask.

If you need to trim a tree near power lines or work near power lines. The electric company will also be happy to come out and place protective covers over the lines. (Those long orange tube things.)

Don't have a ladder, get one! (Or don't cut the tree.)

Don't have a long enough rope, get one! (Or don't cut the tree.)

You can also back a pick-up truck to the tree, then place a ladder in the bed of the truck. This will give you more height.

Also if the tree was leaning toward the electric lines or close to the electric lines, the electric company probably would have considered it a "hazard" tree and cut it down for free. Never hurts to ask.
If you need to trim a tree near power lines or work near power lines. The electric company will also be happy to come out and place protective covers over the lines. (Those long orange tube things.)
BIngo, That's what ya need to do next time. I've had them cut two pines before. They were close to the lines and i caught one of the workers one day and ask him if they would cut them. He said he would ask, a couple of days later they took them down.

This is the chunk of metal that they used to make the repair, if you guess what I broke, I'll tell you the story.
plt2.jpg

plt.jpg

Latest posts

Back