Let’s see your saw shelves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning folks!
Doing a little renovating in the saw shop, and now I’m just looking around to get some ideas for saw storage!
Shelves seem to be the easiest way around it for sure, but was looking for cool different ideas and ways to do this other than just a plain boring shelf with saws layed on it! If that’s even possible lol! And with a growing collection of 10 saws, im going to need more room to put them 😂 was considering hanging them from the handles from the rafters too, but it’s a bit high to reach them when I wanna take them down, so I’m on the fence here hahah.
Any Ideas and tips welcome and appreciated!
Have a good one people!

Here’s a pic of my current setup from when I only owned 4 saws, but as you can see I’m slowly running out of room 😂
View attachment 1097150
looks like a busy place!! 👍

Super impressive! Nice collection there for sure! Thanks for sharing @av8or3!
I can see me owning a shed solely for, and full of Saw shelf’s in our future house 😂 I better start milling lumber now lol
right! SA's new house plans call for a garage... just for the mechanicals!!! 👍

It’s my finished basement. And it’s tiny, makes everything look big. I tell friends that they’re welcome , we can take turns going in and looking around. My wife and I are both collectors. We have three levels in our house, I have the basement for my saws, she has the middle floor (frogs) and she has the top floor (frogs). Kinda even if you ask her. But, it works. Imagine , thousands of different frogs.

It’s my finished basement. And it’s tiny, makes everything look big. My wife and I are both collectors. We have three levels in our house, I have the basement for my saws, she has the middle floor (frogs) and she has the top floor (frogs). Kinda even if you ask her. But, it works. Imagine , thousands of different frogs.
will she let u post any pix?

1689443398034.png

Yeah, I guess since there are shelves.
image.jpg
Bath
image.jpg
Computer room
image.jpg
Lol
image.jpg
Stairwell
image.jpg
Stair
image.jpg
Kitchen. They are on every wall in the house too. If you had a fear of frogs this place would be your house of horrors. Lol
She even found one that has a huge **** that’s spring loaded to pop out of his pants when you pick it up. Takes all kinds I guess.

Yeah, I guess since there are shelves.
View attachment 1097615
Bath
View attachment 1097616
Computer room
View attachment 1097617
Lol
View attachment 1097620
Stairwell
View attachment 1097621
Stair
View attachment 1097622
Kitchen. They are on every wall in the house too. If you had a fear of frogs this place would be your house of horrors. Lol
She even found one that has a huge **** that’s spring loaded to pop out of his pants when you pick it up. Takes all kinds I guess.
And I’m sure it makes her just as happy as our saws make us 😂 lol! everyone’s gotta collect something i guess, and To each their own hahaha

looks like a busy place!! 👍
Well, Always trying to make myself look busy in there anyways 😂 but none the less, regardless if I know what I’m doing out there, there’s always something new cookin In the saw shop 🤘🏼

Morning folks!
Doing a little renovating in the saw shop, and now I’m just looking around to get some ideas for saw storage!
Shelves seem to be the easiest way around it for sure, but was looking for cool different ideas and ways to do this other than just a plain boring shelf with saws layed on it! If that’s even possible lol! And with a growing collection of 10 saws, im going to need more room to put them 😂 was considering hanging them from the handles from the rafters too, but it’s a bit high to reach them when I wanna take them down, so I’m on the fence here hahah.
Have a good one people!

Here’s a pic of my current setup from when I only owned 4 saws, but as you can see I’m slowly running out of room 😂
View attachment 1097150
Here are two older pictures of how I store mine:

IMG_3948.JPG
IMG_3946.JPG

I have a similar rail rack in my garage for those I use frequently. Real simple to make the rail - just a 2 by 8 mounted about 5" off the wall with heavy duty 12" shelf brackets.

Ron

Here are two older pictures of how I store mine:

View attachment 1097682
View attachment 1097681

I have a similar rail rack in my garage for those I use frequently. Real simple to make the rail - just a 2 by 8 mounted about 5" off the wall with heavy duty 12" shelf brackets.

Ron
Nice lookin lineup sir! No old yellow muscle here yet but maybe one day who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ And nice lookin shelves 🤘🏼 Thanks for sharin!
And I know this is a probably another debate all on it’s own, and In it’s own thread even , but i see your saws stored bar tip down, ive heard mixed things about this, but in your opinion you clearly store them that way, what’s your thinkins behind that topic

Morning folks!
Have a good one people!

View attachment 1097150
I recently built a display setup on wheels so it can be moved around the shop easily. The rest are crammed into every available corner and shelf of the garage, etc.

This is work in progress , kind of a combo of storage. Some on high shelf, that have been cleaned, fixed, tuned and tested. Then a few hangers. Those are Worx brand hangers (6). Then some metal shelves for others. Shop is fairly new so things are not in a final state and organized completely just yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3270.jpeg
    IMG_3270.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
  • IMG_3269.jpeg
    IMG_3269.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
Nice lookin lineup sir! No old yellow muscle here yet but maybe one day who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ And nice lookin shelves 🤘🏼 Thanks for sharin!
And I know this is a probably another debate all on it’s own, and In it’s own thread even , but i see your saws stored bar tip down, ive heard mixed things about this, but in your opinion you clearly store them that way, what’s your thinkins behind that topic
I am not familiar with that debate. If you are asking about oil leakage, I would say things depend upon the saw. I looked at my 7' rail in the garage tonight. It comfortably holds 6 saws. An Echo 800, three Stihls (036Pro, 500i & 361) and two MACs (800 & 125C). One of the Stihl spaces has a small oil stain on the floor and the 800 has a small wet oil stain. The others are clean. All of the Sthil spaces have oil stains on the rail which I attribute to my sloppy filling. I once had a saw that would pour bar oil in any position after use which stumped me. I sold it and the purchaser reported it was just an adjustment issue with the pump.

Ron

Latest posts

Back