lets c your wood hauler pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2009 1500 with 5.3 and 6 speed. Hauled all of last years wood and a portion of this years with this truck.

This was the last load of split wood I had at another location. I had gotten tired of trucking it with that little box on the half ton and borrowed my gramps dump trailer again to bring it all home.12359705_10156263597535368_740978673_o.jpg

This was a load of beech and maple that a friend of mine gave me after taking them down in his yard the year prior.

12318191_10156237495045368_1796889778_o.jpg
This is this years new hauler. Bought the Duramax over the winter for dirt cheep, although it needed a transfercase rebuild and is high mileage (320k on it now). Bought the dump trailer from my uncle for $800 (duramax was 800 too!).

14089618_10157250947720368_91621193_n.jpg

i am amazed more people don't use one of these to haul logs.

60737d1350046592-best-method-transporting-machinery-propane-tank-trailer.jpg

My 2009 1500 with 5.3 and 6 speed. Hauled all of last years wood and a portion of this years with this truck.

This was the last load of split wood I had at another location. I had gotten tired of trucking it with that little box on the half ton and borrowed my gramps dump trailer again to bring it all home.View attachment 523563

This was a load of beech and maple that a friend of mine gave me after taking them down in his yard the year prior.

View attachment 523564
This is this years new hauler. Bought the Duramax over the winter for dirt cheep, although it needed a transfercase rebuild and is high mileage (320k on it now). Bought the dump trailer from my uncle for $800 (duramax was 800 too!).

View attachment 523568
Sounds like a good excuse to put some moonshine on the dmax I've had them in the 10 Second range in the 1/4 mile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Out here a short log is 16 ft long as well as well we have the size to deal with, I've had two log loads meet weight at 80k.

i understand for commercial use why they don't. but for firewood haulers, especially around my area, its muddy and you don't get too many days to get offroad to get wood out.
most require you to haul what is cut that day, some let multiple guys go in same area. so pulling out log lengths up to 10-12' is the way to go.

when i was clearing fence rows, i used tractors on combine rims and tires for flotation and still got stuck at times. once waded in waist deep water to chain logs and drag out to load. but always struggled with loading by yourself, if you do not own a loader, this type trailer would be a viable option.

Sounds like a good excuse to put some moonshine on the dmax I've had them in the 10 Second range in the 1/4 mile.

Id love to play with it some, but for some reason 320k on the rearends and the main bearings im leary to put too much to it!

i understand for commercial use why they don't. but for firewood haulers, especially around my area, its muddy and you don't get too many days to get offroad to get wood out.
most require you to haul what is cut that day, some let multiple guys go in same area. so pulling out log lengths up to 10-12' is the way to go.

when i was clearing fence rows, i used tractors on combine rims and tires for flotation and still got stuck at times. once waded in waist deep water to chain logs and drag out to load. but always struggled with loading by yourself, if you do not own a loader, this type trailer would be a viable option.
I'd be more tempted with that kind of weather to use a winch and drum them out.

i am amazed more people don't use one of these to haul logs.

60737d1350046592-best-method-transporting-machinery-propane-tank-trailer.jpg
If I had a chance to pick one up cheap, I'd try it. I actually built something similar on my dump trailer and it worked well. Built out of left over 4X4's. Tried to pull at a real steep angle and snapped a 4X4.

Japanese oak I picked up about 40 miles from the cabin took 1 load with the van and said heck no, and then about 3 truck loads with the ford to complete my share of the trees. The rest my friends took first pic is of the Oak after the first cuts it was about 45" across at the base the next is the ford half loaded then one with my youngest daughter supervising us, the last photo was the one time I used the van......only because I dd not want to noodle that thing down. oak2.gif truck only.gif truck with leah.gif van oak.gif

If I had a chance to pick one up cheap, I'd try it. I actually built something similar on my dump trailer and it worked well. Built out of left over 4X4's. Tried to pull at a real steep angle and snapped a 4X4.

that actually looks pretty cool. if it did not cost so much to register anything with wheels here in japan I would try that out in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back