Lets get this party started...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy wrote, in part:

"Hard hat and specs worn by climber--"total lack" is a little hyperbolic, eh mike?"

MB said something about the hat not being a hard hat. So that means one pair of safety glasses is the total inventory of PPE for a crew of five. So to answer your question Guy, no.
Although MB did have a climbing rope. :rolleyes:
Did you notice the groundman doing the "Superman"?
That's what we call it when you stand directly behind the chipper, stick both arms straight out in front of you and put them into the chipper chute.

Other than that, it looks like the job went fine. I don't mean to be critical, it's just that the day isn't complete for me until I give MB a hard time.
:D

Family Friends and 8 X 10's
Thats what life is all about!
Nice montage NE what camera you folks useing

Originally posted by Mike Maas

Did you notice the groundman doing the "Superman"?

Nope.

attachment.php

Wonder how much money they got in the rig
Ill guess at 6,000 for the chipper and 6,000 for the truck?
I need me a rig like that. Anyone got one?

Thats rock and roll MB thank ya.
Do you crane out dead pines much. Hard hat comes in handy there.

"I don't mean to be critical"
12.gif

Hey that’s what we are here for Mike! Great work Butch, but I do hope that your noggin does not get a flogging with that hat. I can’t imagine wearing one without ventilation in that heat you get down there.

I wear the red Petzl ECRIN-ST yes sir it get pretty darn near hot.
First day i wore it was doing some limbing on the ground. I set it down because it was hot, cut one limb and Whack! right on my head. Wipped wht water out my eyes. and put it back on.

Thats a good point mike those guys are standing under that monster limb. Thats the problem I got with being a contract climber. No one ever will listen to the climber. You wont be heere tommorow, your not their boss kinda mentality. When I contract and work a crew i dont know I really have to stay on my toes to keep um all safe. Alot can go wrong especially when its each man for himself mentality.
Contracting out climbing its imperative i try and maintain full control of the crew even if there not mine. Its had to do thou while your smoking the tree. I dont have a booming voice and rarely yell from 90 feet.

I think about 60 $ would solve the communication problems.

A two way walki talki set 1 for climber. 1 for your safety enforcer.
note: safety enforcer could be the lowest most underpaid dude.

That bump cap has taken some mighty good hits, I woulda hated to not have it on. Yea, the vent holes, thats my summer cap. I'm still waiting to get to wear my winter hat.:rolleyes:

Yes TH, I do use a crane when needed for dead pines. You have to make extra sure any boom/tree interaction is minimal, or you might find yourself dealing with an overhead bombardment. The last time that happened to me a snag ripped my forearm open.

Any dead tree requires EXTRA CAUTION.

EXTRA, EXTRA CAUTION!!!

Originally posted by Mike Maas
If you look close you'll see what I mean.

Yur seeing things, Mike. I know exactly where the three men are in that pic. None of them are doing what your saying.
I was there, remember?

Two shirts, huh? Use your amazing powers of deduction to see that these pics were of the first cuts. Guess what the first thing I did was after I made those cuts?

Hint; a piece of clothing, hitting the ground.

I bet you'ld complain about a new rope at yur hanging! :rolleyes:

WT heck!

I have rope the spar to the ground its easy to do.

1) tighten crane
2) make verticle snap cut
3) take 5 steps up.
4) Rock the piece back and forth
5) boom up!

Originally posted by treehugger01
WT heck!

I have rope the spar to the ground its easy to do.

1) tighten crane
2) make verticle snap cut
3) take 5 steps up.
4) Rock the piece back and forth
5) boom up!

Uhhhhh, WHAT? :confused:

Latest posts

Back