Lets get this party started...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kids..

I would like to leave more than bills to the family

Things are changing fast around here, Kids growing up real quick..

AS Death and taxes are the only sure things in life, and neither can be avoided

LIFE INSURANCE policy is getting uped by 50 bucks a month, about the same as satilite tv, the difference will be, the kids dont get a start in life with tv (helps a bit) We have to realize we are going to die before our kids..(hopefully) ...And the jobs we do are dangerous..

A fleet of saws, and an old chipper just wont be enough, ( and i dont even have the old chipper yet), if YOU went tomorrow, how prepared are your familys?..

I know we have to reinvest in equipment, we NEED to invest in our kids to...

Think about the fact that kids these days are going to have to be in school till there 25, ya'll need a ticket for walking a zebra crossing in the next 20 years, kids wont have the chances we had, and get parttime work and get a bit of a start in life, what will they do?

In Japan i hear you dont sign a morgage, you sign your unborn childeren to it as well, just cant pay off a zillion dollars with only one person, it takes 60 years to pay it off..Are things going to be the same here in 20 years??

Just thinking aloud,....Derek...

It all depends if we keep on increasing the amount of things we "need". If I died tomorrow my family would be financially stable. I guess I'm worth more dead than alive.

What's all this death talk on a Party Thread? Ya'll wack?
big_mad_no.gif

Well this video is embarassing to say the least but I can laugh at myself. :eek: All I can say in my favor is 3 layers of clothes, big winter boots and too much bucket work. ;)

You can put that chipper pic on the back end of the How to be a good groundman pamplet and let them know this could be YOU if you don't follow the rules. :p

TreeCo said:
That is a big infeed chute. Is that your 15" Woodsman?

It's 27f down here right now. Our lowest this fall. No ground frozen yet.

Dan Nelson

It's the 15X. Today I forgot to bring my camera. I need to get a video of my chipper in action. I chipped a 15' ash log that was 14" on the small end and 16" on the big end. It took less than 60 seconds to eat the whole thing. The reason we chipped it was the owner wanted as many chips as possible for horse bedding.

Leon,
Way cool pics. I've surfed in so cal and mexico.....I've never seen anything like that. I think I'd want to work up to them. It would be easy for the inexperienced to die on waves like that. I seen nubies get handled on 8 footers.

i took out this big old fir the other day. stripped it the one day and came back the next and craned out the logs. incredible view.

Back