Let's see your firewood pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyduke

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year again. Winter's coming fast. Are you cutting firewood? Do you pack a camera with your 038?

We always arrive before dawn. We tend to follow the thinning crews. location is the San Nacimiento Mountains, 8000 feet. Trees are scrub oak, cedar, ponderosa pine and spruce, wild life: elk, deer and turkeys.
dawn-pan-sm.jpg
four hours later
loaded_9160167-sm.jpg

truck_lena-pan-sm.jpg
don't get no better'n this.

My father was the kind of guy that didn't take pictures of anything. Having been raised and growing up in that kind of environment, I pretty much now know why I'm not a big picture taker.

I had lots of similar wood-cutting experiences that I shared with my father, but sadly, no pics. But, I do have them stored safely and securely in my mind.

Only have a few cords on hand,

IMG_3550.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

Fire wood, What's that????????????????

I have a new camera but my computer is too old, not compatable. A couple more weeks maybe I'll have some pics of stuff.

Im doing things differently this year.Im only burning old locust post this year.Some of these are over 30 years old and solid as a rock.Ill try to get some pics up

heyduke said:
It's that time of year again. Winter's coming fast. Are you cutting firewood? Do you pack a camera with your 038?

We always arrive before dawn. We tend to follow the thinning crews. location is the San Nacimiento Mountains, 8000 feet. Trees are scrub oak, cedar, ponderosa pine and spruce, wild life: elk, deer and turkeys.
View attachment 368879
four hours later
View attachment 368883

View attachment 368880
don't get no better'n this.

Great load of wood! Cant say you didn't fill the truck on that one. I have to wait until October to go do the same thing.

Hi there that log grab,grapple you have on your avatar.
Do you make them ?.
Looking for one for a manato
2400 wide and around 800 kg rated lifting weight.
Cheers
I have made two of them, I don't really manufacture them. It would cost a fortune to get it there even if I had time to make another. The grapple you see in my avatar is probably at least 400kg

Back