Let's see your firewood pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little west aussie wood I cut 3 to 4 day a week and hand split over the winter cut this year with a 460 rancher have stepped it up for next year with the 576xp and hopefully a 390xp uploadfromtaptalk1411203939542.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411203963895.jpg
d479d3ed6de9f7730226728beb0440c1.jpg

I have this year's firewood cut, split and stacked. I'm working on next year.

I have a bay tree that was down when we bought the place (Moved in august 2013), oak and scrounged eucalyptus.

This is where I split. The stacks in the back are for this winter's heat:

IMG_1381_stitch_zpsd8abe188.jpg

I have redwoods for shade.

This is a load of scrounged eucalyptus:
IMG_1394_zps8f0f8338.jpg

My wife told me nothing says "redneck" better than work boots and shorts

I mostly split with a maul but when I get into the nasty stuff I pull out the splitter:

100_1102_zps4bd03315.jpg

That's an International Cub Cadet 1000 (August 1977) pulling a Lickety Log Splitter EK308 of unknown date. They went out of business in 1983 so it was made sometime before then. I saved the splitter from going to the dump. I got a replacement engine that I rebuilt and I went through the entire splitter and got it back into operating condition.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Stocking up for next year while it's still coolish, not big on cutting during summer heat.
All from harvested coups. Far South Coast NSW
The mighty Makita 6401 has been outstanding. All split with a Fiskars X27.
I've got it laid out like that so pricks can't drive up the side of the house ;)

is that a racoon sitting next to you.... great picture!

That me , my dad and my son when he was 6 months old. Now he's 3 and pulls firewood all over the yard with his tractor.

That me , my dad and my son when he was 6 months old. Now he's 3 and pulls firewood all over the yard with his tractor.
Why I said it was a great picture... figured that be you, dad and your boy. I've only got a couple pictures of my dad and me with a load of wood. In the day, pictures weren't a big deal, don't even remember if we really had a camera. A picture of wood was a picture of wood and when you cut 100 cord a year, didn't need no pictures of wood.... wished I had more pictures of wood and him now.

Great picture!

Back