Leveraxe has made a full circle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send it here and I'll buy it

I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years, finally signed up this week, and today after reading a bunch of post on the leveraxe I thought I'd give a go at fabricating one. It would be on the ugly side, and require a lot of welding and grinding, and a little forging. I was going to use a truck leaf spring as the base, cut 2.5" wide and 8" long, with a welded on short piece of 1.5" pipe for the socket (forged to have a taper), then filled in with weldament between the socket and blade. I could do this, but it would take a while.

But as I see the trend amongst the group is to ship it back to "Finland", I reckon the decent thing if for someone to buy it, possibly at a used price. I'll be glad to do this as it would save me a week of messing around in the shop, after which the result wouldn't likely be too pretty! And you can't beat the high quality of his build.

So Finland (Heikki), let me know what your fair price is on this well travelled axe, and I'll buy it at your website. And I'll pay whoever currently has it to ship it out here to Nevada.

--Brian

Yep I gotta call bs on the elm too unless he's got a different elm there that we have.

I suspect that's the case. When a hydraulic splitter works hard at separating that stringy stuff, there's no way a hand tool is going to just pop it apart.

Either way, at best this is good for kindling. That's just the difference between the way most of us burn wood and the way they do it in Finland. They like it small, most of us like some big chunks for longer burns.

But even if it splits wood the way you like it, even if it's every bit as good as the man thinks it is, $300 bucks is just a flat out ripoff.

some simple questions :
why is it we never see the actual wood species in full open view length ?if its so simple and easy why is he so winded and nearly unable to speak after those repeated swings ?how come its always some baby kindling 10 inch long junk instead of typical 20+ inch hardwood like oak ,maple and hickory that normal people burn ? why is he trying to make toothpicks instead of splits ?why does it require a second mortgage to purchase a simple handtool?

how come its always some baby kindling 10 inch long junk instead of typical 20+ inch hardwood like oak ,maple and hickory that normal people burn ?

why is he trying to make toothpicks instead of splits ?

I think that's just a matter of them burning differently in Finland. They like it small.

Latest posts

Back