Leveraxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legman

Ericjeeper, I called the Merrill police department today.Their jurisdiction does not extend out to that mailing address. It is covered by the Lincoln County Sheriff.I talked to the dispatcher in Merrill, and she suggested that I set up an appointment to go out to the address in question and they would do a standby while I approached Jason and retrieved the borrowed property.
I will assume you can get me the pertinant information I will need to do this,such as detailed photo and some statement to act as an agent for retrieval.I have watched this post from the beginning and wondered when the leveraxe was going to circulate up in Wisconsin so I could try it.I will make a concerted effort to retrieve the leveraxe, and if,in a sheriffs presence
he doesn't release it, will take it to small claims court if that is what is necessary. ps, cityevader,the leveraxe was loaned out in goodwill,to let the members of arborist site to try out this new concept, with the understanding that it was to be passed on in a timely manner, so other members can formulate an opinion on the tool without having to purchase it outright.That is definately appreciated by me, and I can't fault Eric at all .If
this inconsiderant person chooses to continually blow off repeated attempts to straighten out this situation,he has every right to take whatever steps are neccessary.Personally, I would have already started the court proceedings.
Eric, count me in for the first $20 for court fees -Bad Santa

There are plenty of photos of the axe in this thread.

I seriously doubt he is going to have two of em.. LOL
I would just print the whole thread to take with you.. I do appreciate you getting the ball rolling again.
This axe was to be returned to the manufacturer or purchased by someone along the way.

Ericjeeper, I called the Merrill police department today.Their jurisdiction does not extend out to that mailing address. It is covered by the Lincoln County Sheriff.I talked to the dispatcher in Merrill, and she suggested that I set up an appointment to go out to the address in question and they would do a standby while I approached Jason and retrieved the borrowed property.
I will assume you can get me the pertinant information I will need to do this,such as detailed photo and some statement to act as an agent for retrieval.I have watched this post from the beginning and wondered when the leveraxe was going to circulate up in Wisconsin so I could try it.I will make a concerted effort to retrieve the leveraxe, and if,in a sheriffs presence
he doesn't release it, will take it to small claims court if that is what is necessary. ps, cityevader,the leveraxe was loaned out in goodwill,to let the members of arborist site to try out this new concept, with the understanding that it was to be passed on in a timely manner, so other members can formulate an opinion on the tool without having to purchase it outright.That is definately appreciated by me, and I can't fault Eric at all .If
this inconsiderant person chooses to continually blow off repeated attempts to straighten out this situation,he has every right to take whatever steps are neccessary.Personally, I would have already started the court proceedings.
Eric, count me in for the first $20 for court fees -Bad Santa
:clap: :clap: :cheers: :agree2:

leveraxe quest

Ericjeeper, I need some specifics, as far as ownership representation,etc. Wisconsin is the land of the liberal and I need to know exactly what I'm talking about and who I'm representing when I persue this. Before the sheriffs office gets involved,they are going to want to know what right I have to get involved in tracking the whereabouts of the leveraxe. The only two clear pictures of the leveraxe that I found are the first and third of the four pictures in your first post. Would you please PM me when you get a chance? -Ken

Ken,
Take my turn in the lineup, I don't need it anyway and I'll just get back in line later when and if it starts back up.

THANKS!

probably ended up in a dumpster where it belongs. :(

I don't like it, and from the original pics, way to many hits for no results.
in pic 4, the wood is upside down. no wonder it takes so much effort.

IMHO of course.

probably ended up in a dumpster where it belongs. :(

I don't like it, and from the original pics, way to many hits for no results.
in pic 4, the wood is upside down. no wonder it takes so much effort.

IMHO of course.

Have you even tried it? If not I wouldn't deem it a peice of trash.

IMHO of course.

Have you even tried it? If not I wouldn't deem it a peice of trash.

IMHO of course.

I don't need to "try it".
It over-complicates a simple process, for way too much money, for too little return for effort. (judged that by the picture of the wood that had been beat on 10 times in the pics).

if that was all you had, it would suffice.
But I have all kinds of axes, mauls, sledges and wedges, and a hydraulic splitter. every type of wood splits different, so an overpriced tool ain't for me. I'm sure that price is not what it will sell for though.

once again, IMHO :cheers:

I don't need to "try it".
It over-complicates a simple process, for way too much money, for too little return for effort. (judged that by the picture of the wood that had been beat on 10 times in the pics).

if that was all you had, it would suffice.
But I have all kinds of axes, mauls, sledges and wedges, and a hydraulic splitter. every type of wood splits different, so an overpriced tool ain't for me. I'm sure that price is not what it will sell for though.

once again, IMHO :cheers:

Visit the guys website. He clearly isn't having any problems with the tool. The whole reason that this tool was sent out was to get honest opinions on how it performs. It wasn't sent out so that it could end up in a dumpster as you are suggesting is the right place for it. You are one of those people that are so set in your ways that anything new that looks to have potential in it you will do you best to convince the world that it is junk. If I can get through my woodpile 2 times faster by swinging an axe over using my splitter then I will swing an axe. I am willing to give this tool a try since it was supposed to be passed around to do just that. If it works out in my favor I would buy one. If it didn't I would pass it on to the next guy and move on to the next idea that comes along.

You are one of those people that are so set in your ways that anything new that looks to have potential in it you will do you best to convince the world that it is junk.

1) You don't know me.
2) I have stated twice IMHO.
3) and set in my ways? see #1

jeez, grow up. or better yet, I'll try this.

"Never argue with an idiot - they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

Last edited:
1) You don't know me.
2) I have stated twice IMHO.
3) and set in my ways? see #1

jeez, grow up. or better yet, I'll try this.

"Never argue with an idiot - they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

Read my signature I am done....

If anyone wants to throw it in the dumpster

They have my blessing.. After they pay the owner the 272 dollars that the axe cost.

probably ended up in a dumpster where it belongs.

It doesn't belong in a dumpster for the simple reason that it belongs to some guy in Finland, who has LOANED it out for evaluation. Until the owner decides it belongs in a dumpster, it doesn't belong there, piece of junk or whatever it may be.

From the comments in this thread, I don't think enough of the thing to bother trying it on my wood, but I DO think a lot of property rights.

No Christmas miracle huh?

I don't know why some people on this board are belligerent just for belligerence sake. You piss on someone and get upset when they splash a bit of your own piss back.

I'm curious. Of the people that have tried it. How many, if any, have purchased one ?

Latest posts

Back