Life among the 'tards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohiowoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We've seen several of our competitors advertise "Chords" over the years, delivered to one guy who called it a "core"; but so far this season we've seen "chord", "chore", "quard", and now "cored". If you don't believe, check Mansfield, Ohio craigslist and search 'firewood'.:hmm3grin2orange:

Oh yea- most of them are getting a 'kwahrd' on a pickup:angrysoapbox:

Isn't a Chord the same as 3 full schminkles?

Just wondering.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

i guess it doesn't matter what you call it. apparently people are buying it.

i see road side signs around here saying "$75 a cord"...but i know in reality, they mean a face cord.

?? wait till you have to answer this perplexing question!! lol a new customer asks while delivering a load(cord) of oak .. "say just how many "QUARTS" does it take to make a winter here in northern minnesota"???????? wanting to bust a gut and not lose a new bank account addition it was hard to pass off! but trying to give him a reasonable answer it came out like this about as many gallons as it takes to fill your tank with propane.... or close to (4500#/8#=562 gallons or 2248 QUARTS) needless to say he didnt ask anymore tard questions!! top that one?????LOL

Why would you expect the average home owner to know what it is called? This is why they call you. Why not just educate them so they know for the future? Title of this thread is real classy by the way.

Here is a cord on a P/U.

attachment.php

Hardly the forum to mock spelling in.

edit> they are cut from milling cants, hence the sometimes odd shape. A healthy full cord nonetheless.

Last edited:
Why would you expect the average home owner to know what it is called? This is why they call you. Why not just educate them so they know for the future? Title of this thread is real classy by the way.

I agree. it would be like using climbing terminology talking to some dumb wood seller.
Those that can. Do
Those that cant. Teach
Those that cant teach. Teach gym;)

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be a discussion about people here on AS!!

Well, we do like to wear helmets and be dressed up in other funny looking stuff to keep from hurting ourselves, and go on field trips in vehicles with low seating capacities...

We've seen several of our competitors advertise "Chords" over the years, delivered to one guy who called it a "core"; but so far this season we've seen "chord", "chore", "quard", and now "cored". If you don't believe, check Mansfield, Ohio craigslist and search 'firewood'.:hmm3grin2orange:

Oh yea- most of them are getting a 'kwahrd' on a pickup:angrysoapbox:

Maybe if they don't spell it right, it doesn't matter how much wood is in their version?

Harry K

If the price is right they can call it whatever the #### they want......Just my 2 pesos. JJuday

P.S. I have found over the years that if you discount someone based simply on their grasp of the english language you will be passing some damn good folks by, just a thought.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back