Lift gate use for firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muddstopper had it right. For some stupid reason they put a short 1/8" cable lead on the end of the 1/4" winch cable so that's why it's only rated for 100 lbs. The folding arms is also real long so it bends a lot with anymore than 100 lbs on it. It a 2500 lb winch I think.
I just spent 5 hours on my Steiner pulling the lawn roller on some terrible bumpy lawns. Pretty much beat me to crap. Next project is to build a self propelled ride on roller with an air seat. Oh wait next project is the wood wrapper but 1st I have to get all the lawn equipment ready and split a bunch of ash rounds that have been sitting since last fall and cut a bunch more 16" rounds for camp wood sales and go to the bush and cut and haul out logs before the crops go in and paint the roof on my shop and paint 3 trailers ( have 1 done already) and finished installing the plywood ceiling in my shop and clean up branches off the lawn and get my bike out for a quick ride and maybe take a day or two off. Same old same old.

Muddstopper had it right. For some stupid reason they put a short 1/8" cable lead on the end of the 1/4" winch cable so that's why it's only rated for 100 lbs. The folding arms is also real long so it bends a lot with anymore than 100 lbs on it. It a 2500 lb winch I think.
I just spent 5 hours on my Steiner pulling the lawn roller on some terrible bumpy lawns. Pretty much beat me to crap. Next project is to build a self propelled ride on roller with an air seat. Oh wait next project is the wood wrapper but 1st I have to get all the lawn equipment ready and split a bunch of ash rounds that have been sitting since last fall and cut a bunch more 16" rounds for camp wood sales and go to the bush and cut and haul out logs before the crops go in and paint the roof on my shop and paint 3 trailers ( have 1 done already) and finished installing the plywood ceiling in my shop and clean up branches off the lawn and get my bike out for a quick ride and maybe take a day or two off. Same old same old.

Yup, plus projects from a few years ago right?
I started cleaning my garage bench. I found sacks of bolts/nuts/washers I obviously bought for some specific project, but I can'T Remember.

Yup, plus projects from a few years ago right?
I started cleaning my garage bench. I found sacks of bolts/nuts/washers I obviously bought for some specific project, but I can'T Remember.
I have a bunch of bags of bolts, bought for some project or other. TSC sells bolts by the lb, if I find I need a bolt, instead of buying just one, I pick up a handful of varying sizes and put them in a bag. When the project is complete, I have bolts left over for the next project. Only problem is, I cant ever find them so, its back to TSC and another bag of bolts.

I like the whole lift gate ideal. Way to many times I find myself straining to lift something, I shouldnt be lifting, into the back of the truck. My oxy/act bottles for one. Firewood not so much because I usually cut it into log lengths and load with a loader onto my dump trailer. Now that the subject has came up, I think I am going to look for a lift gate to put on my truck.

Delivery van was at work dropping off kitchen cabinets the other day. He had a brand new Mercedes van with a folding aluminum ramp in the rear. Driver said it was handy as heck and only takes up 12" of space inside the van. There was no name on it anywhere he said they ordered it with the van. I'll bet it's a Tommy Gate. Could use a wheeled cart then.
IMG_20160415_111953.jpg

When I made the flatbed for my truck I welded in round pipe in the front corners for a swivel crane. I have never installed the crane, it's sitting on a shelf in the barn. When I die my wife is going to have an awesome auction. Scroungers will come for miles. Maybe she will give a 10% discount for Arboristsite members? Except the 460, it's going with me. And my Kubota then again she will need the backhoe to bury me.

Another one here that has the tommy gate, very nice indeed. I think we've had ours since 1985 and it is still going strong. I think it is rated at 1200 pds, I know we have had over 1000 pds on it, lifting 2 55 gallon oil drums. Only thing I think we have done to it is replace the solenoid actuator and that was about 10 years ago, oh yeah have painted it 4 times. I can't even begin to imagine how many rounds that poor thing has lifted....1000's and 1000's.:)

https://www.4qte.com/product_details.php?PRODUCT_ID=100

That's what I want to do is save my back, iam 46 . I want to be able to keep doing firewood well into my later years. This would be a total back saver!! Work smarter not harder , I've always been told.
Yes you are getting up there old man:laugh:
Nice cantoo, having hard time finding any used lifts that aren't attached to a truck already.
The post you responded to here:rolleyes: is were you find one. cantoo won't be using that thing for yrs. he's only 3-4hrs away get a quickpass for the boarder and go get it:).
That being said I could probably find one within 2hrs of you in under 20min, you need to get after it if you really want it, do you have the cash:innocent:.
Here's a way to work some of it off to:rolleyes:, I'm sure he will pay your union wages, you should be two peas in a pod:popcorn2:, Hi cantoo:hi:.
Any leads on used lift gates?
@cantoo posted the pictures that's as good as a craigslist ad for me:cheers:.
Heres how I would do it, cantoo how much for the lift gate, and hold out some:envy::happybanana:
When I die my wife is going to have an awesome auction. Scroungers will come for miles. Maybe she will give a 10% discount for Arboristsite members? Except the 460, it's going with me. And my Kubota then again she will need the backhoe to bury me.
No reason to wait cantoo, I call dibs on the rear grapple, and you can have the 460 as I already have one, but can I at least have the cylinder and piston since it's only going to be there for display purposes:surprised3:.

Good luck getting your lift Pcoz88, if you need any more help PM me, I'll get you some quick options:yes:(and anyone who knows me said amen).

I've found one in toledo,not hooked up,laying in storage. Guy said it works,but who knows, etc hard to go see working the hours iam working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Haha chipper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I'm the same age so I will give you a hard time lol.
There pretty simple machines. I used them for yrs as a truck drive and never had a problem other than the batteries not being charged and the switchers damaging them.

Back