Lightest K095 bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one thing is for certain though is the small cannons are lighter then the prolites. i posted pics a long time ago here on AS and will see if i still have them on this computer. honestly though. if a guy is affected by the weight of anything under 26" maybe he should just not be running a saw LOL. the solids up the 26" are nothing for weight and even a 28" is acceptable. 30"+ is when they become a little cumbersome but if your used to them there is not problem which is probably why i don't notice a difference with the light weights unless they are significantly lighter.

Lightest bar is probably going to be a cheap laminated bar. For the most part the cored out solid bars approximate the weight of laminated bars. Get some cheap arbor pro ones from baileys or something like that...the taiwanese carlton laminated timber champ bars are real light! Pro-lites from oregon are actually kinda heavy.

both 3/8's .058 16". not an 18" but i'm sure the results would be similar. a 346/550 balances perfect with a 16"-18" cannon and i feel there is no need to go lighter. heck they balance with a 20" solid bar ok too.

IMG_0348.JPG IMG_0349.JPG

both 3/8's .058 16". not an 18" but i'm sure the results would be similar. a 346/550 balances perfect with a 16"-18" cannon and i feel there is no need to go lighter. heck they balance with a 20" solid bar ok too.
The Tsumura 16 inch is .75kg or 1.65 lbs. I agree weight is not the issue for balance on these length bars. With a really light small bar it just makes the whole saw feel lighter. I do notice a big difference on a light 24 bar as far as balance on smaller saws when they balance like an 18 or 20 standard bar, that is really nice.

Dave

i would love to see tsumura improve some more even if they have to sacrifice a little quality for weight reduction as their quality is above average anyways. maybe there is a balance between quality and weight reduction that they have already found? it doesn't appear sugi or tsumura will be changing there bars anytime soon. i honestly would likely still buy a tsumura in the future but for now i gotta get the stihl light obsession out of my system LOL.

most guys here are all about show time so they could NEVER put a stihl bar on a husky. i don't give a ****. i'll run what i like.

Only because it was a extra bar on hand after some guy jammed the tip on a 660 and just bought a new bar instead. I freed the tip up and thought why not see if I can find a use for it.

p3450x3p30p475 008.JPG

i've never even heard of a lightweight version of the cannon. i sure hope they do though cause cannon is still my favorite bar.
They have it on the price list for this year. Someone else called asked them and they hoped for a fall release. I've been holding off on getting another 30" for news on these.

No doubt, hella interested in that. Hopefully cannon comes up with something real nice. I'm gonna google it once I'm home.

Chain_saw_Guide_bar_SUGIHARA_Laminated_bar.jpg

i know for a fact also that husky has been sent a few stihl light bars. it appears they are sneaking around trying to copy the stihl bars. at least they aren't trying to copy another manufacturers saws like stihl is though ;)

I'm hoping the price will be comparable to the Oregon lightweight.

I don't know how they would be able to. The regular bar is about $175 for a longer bar, so as making it lighter would likely add more money to it, then I don't know. The Super bar plus is another $80, but partly to the Stihl wide German tip. Hopeful, but doubtful as well.

Dave

I don't know how they would be able to. The regular bar is about $175 for a longer bar, so as making it lighter would likely add more money to it, then I don't know. The Super bar plus is another $80, but partly to the Stihl wide German tip. Hopeful, but doubtful as well.

Dave
True. Retail on a 36" Oregon is around $180. 36" Stihl lightweight can be had for $135-140.

Back