Listen up chain saw wimps.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are going to have to help me out here. I see S.P. as a local Alaska politician (Alaska politics is similar to MN...we aren't as "big league" as, say, NY or Ca) making the most of her time in the spotlight.

She's not a politician. She "passed the ball - for victory."

The saw belongs to greenwedge on here. His real name is Pat and he hangs out in the forestry and logging section.

Didn't catch her falling the tree but was way underimpressed at her bucking it. So much wrong with how she was holding the saw. Good clip of how _not_ to do it. Very obviously had never even held a saw before much less ran one.

Harry K

Didn't catch her falling the tree but was way underimpressed at her bucking it. So much wrong with how she was holding the saw. Good clip of how _not_ to do it. Very obviously had never even held a saw before much less ran one.

Harry K

thats why she was at a logging camp.. learning from professionals, seeing how its done, and what goes into it....
the lady clearly is no stranger to the outdoors, so what if its the first time she ran a saw, or one of that caliber.. most guys on this forum would have enough trouble making a straight cut with a 50cc , leave my sarah alone!

You should spell her name correctly (Palin) if your are going to criticize her. It makes you look very stupid.
ZG

You should read the post from which he intentionally quoted the misspelling before criticizing him. Not doing so makes you look very stupid.

You might also want to practice your (or is it you're?) contractions if you are going to criticize someone's writing.

i cant find a link i missed the show on sunday cuz of ax men but i really would like to watch the show can anyone give me a link to the episode thanks

Harry K

Didn't look to me like she held the saw very securely..might have been a good candidate for some serious injury if kickback had occurred.

Didn't look to me like she held the saw very securely..might have been a good candidate for some serious injury if kickback had occurred.

Lighten up Francis, We are a bunch of chainsaw geeks complaining about
an attractive and harmless celebrity bringing attention to chainsaws and forestry.

You guys would :censored: if you were given free beer:givebeer:

You should spell her name correctly (Palin) if your are going to criticize her. It makes you look very stupid.
ZG

I did'nt critize her at all. Just slipped a "h" in spelling her name. Guess I was thinking of StiHl. Wish I had her signature on my saw. (and I would care less how she spelled my name)

an attractive and harmless celebrity bringing attention to chainsaws and forestry.

Wish that were true-
the "harmless celebrity" and "bringing attention" to anything but Sarah.

+1

It is amazing to me that certain celebs draw more fire than others......... Imagine the forgiveness if it were say, Angela Jolie or Carrie Underwood?

I think we should start focusing the microscope of critique on AS members' vid posts. Lots and lots of Darwin-violations going on in here like, lack of PPE, poor technique, unsafe operation, etc...... And talk about stump shots??

Even if you don't like the woman's politics how can you criticize someone who is bringing positive exposure to occupations such as commercial fishing and logging? I guess if you don't like domestic wood products or fresh seafood or people earning an honest paycheck it's easy to tear this stuff down. I am not a big "reality" TV fan, I think most of it is as far from reality as John Stewart is from integrity, but will browse a few that seem basically honest and have decent subject content. That's all I've got, carry on............

:deadhorse:

It is amazing to me that certain celebs draw more fire than others.........

I think most of it is as far from reality as John Stewart is from integrity

:monkey:

Even if you don't like the woman's politics how can you criticize someone who is bringing positive exposure to occupations such as commercial fishing and logging?

Another contradiction. I think the point is that a lot of people have such little respect for Palin that what she is doing can hardly be called positive exposure.

Well, Hillery Clinton is the most admired woman, according to the news. WTF

I don't understand the negative comments here? I like the woman!

As far as her handling a large saw, my wife met here in person last year, and
said she is a tiny woman. So I think she did fine with a large saw.

BTW, I was watching Ax Men on the other TV, but I do like the Palin show.

Back