Little Poulan History

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyrb

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked this "saw" up a couple weeks ago and am just now getting around to putting some pictures up. When I saw the add on Craigslist I didn't even know that Poulan ever made a saw like this. It is EXCEPTIONALLY clean and I really don't think it's ever made more than a couple of cuts. Anyhow I do think this is an important part of what was a very good companies history.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice super clean example, now you have something to make Cliff jealous. Like the others, that is the first one I have seen.

Can you get some close ups of the decals on the starter side and on the arm?

Randy that sure is nice! I'm glad it went to a good home.

I knew they existed, I seen parts of one before but this is the first decent complete one I have seen at least as far as I can remember.

I have the IPL for this saw but I think its too big to post here.

There was also a 45/12 cut all saw based on a 245 and I would like to find one of them.

I also have IPL's for a Poulan Pro KS412 which was what appears to be a rebadged Partner and a Poulan Pro KS614 which appears to be based on the Poulan Pro 655.

I work in the concrete world and I've seen my share of cut off saws and this one is by far the flashy est est!! Bright and shiny I'd hate to get it dirty. Everyone these days would laugh at you if you toted this up to the job sight but little would they know it would eat all day long, they wouldn't laugh long. Beautiful machine I'm glad I clicked on this thread!! I don't know what you'll do with it but keep her clean. (-:

Nice super clean example, now you have something to make Cliff jealous. Like the others, that is the first one I have seen.

Can you get some close ups of the decals on the starter side and on the arm?

Yes, I will get some better pictures of the decals tomorrow.

Randy that sure is nice! I'm glad it went to a good home.

I knew they existed, I seen parts of one before but this is the first decent complete one I have seen at least as far as I can remember.

I have the IPL for this saw but I think its too big to post here.

There was also a 45/12 cut all saw based on a 245 and I would like to find one of them.

I also have IPL's for a Poulan Pro KS412 which was what appears to be a rebadged Partner and a Poulan Pro KS614 which appears to be based on the Poulan Pro 655.

Thanks Mark, this saw came with the owners manual and an IPL and both are in great shape

Very cool. 5200 is assume?

Yes, it is based on the 5200

I work in the concrete world and I've seen my share of cut off saws and this one is by far the flashy est est!! Bright and shiny I'd hate to get it dirty. Everyone these days would laugh at you if you toted this up to the job sight but little would they know it would eat all day long, they wouldn't laugh long. Beautiful machine I'm glad I clicked on this thread!! I don't know what you'll do with it but keep her clean. (-:

This saw will have a special place right next to a couple of NOS Poulans and a couple more very cherry saws.

Back when I was a fire fighter

we had one like that with a carbide tipped blade for venting roofs. Seldom used, just started once a week and ran until it got warmed up, and always kept in the box on top of the pumper.

Latest posts

Back