Local firewood prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell it buy the piece.Dollar a piece(usually only gets cold for a few days)I throw out the sign and they scoop it in 10-30 dollar increments.

laynes69 said:
My brother in law just sold about 10 cords split and stacked for 300.00 All hardwoods, seasoned. He is building a new house and is desperate for money. A man came along offered 300 and he took it. If that aint great, he is delivering it which he isnt charging anything for. If I would have known I would have bought it all. Makes me sick, and pi$$es me off.

PM me is number..... I could also use 10 cord split and stacked for $300.... and I have about six neighbors that will buy 10 cords each.....Hell thats 70 cord or $2100 in his pocket..

You got it. I wouldnt buy any from him because I cut my own. At that price it would have been worth me getting. Last year we bought about 4 cords from him for 100. Nobody would buy it, he claimed. Only problem he wouldn't advertise. Obviously if he would have kept it, in the dead of winter it would have sold. Like I said, I was pissed. He just hadnt got any brains. Also while im on this subject, all of that wood, a nice new home, he is heating with electricity and doesnt want a wood stove in his house. LOL I save about 400 a month in propane burning wood, that wood would have saved him alot of money. I do believe the people who work hard and cut their wood are supporting their wallets and their families. Nothing wrong with wood burners. :)

laynes69 said:
My brother in law just sold about 10 cords split and stacked for 300.00 All hardwoods, seasoned. He is building a new house and is desperate for money. A man came along offered 300 and he took it. If that aint great, he is delivering it which he isnt charging anything for. If I would have known I would have bought it all. Makes me sick, and pi$$es me off.

Sounds like the companys looking for cheap labor should be looking to relocate to Ohio instead of China? Or do we just like to cut wood for cheap? LOL

tell ya what, tell yer brother i'll take 1000 cords, i'll even pay for shipping to BC canada, and then i'll turn around and sell it in West Vancouver and STILL make a profit on it...

:laugh: :D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

$30 a cord???

laynes69 said:

Holy moley... I get wood for free here, but for $30 a cord I would not bother cutting it myself. 10 cords would last us over 2 years. That has got to be the hottest firewood deal of the year. :blob2:

Wood Prices

I have started this fall at $50 for a face cord 16-18" length of mixed seasoned wood. 100% pecan I have been selling for $60. Any green wood I let go for $45.

That is picked up at the lot. Delivery and dump is $15 more if in town and not too far away. Stacking is extra.

I sold about 110 face cords last year at a slightly lower price. With this pricing I sold 23 face cords last week. I already have about 4 more to deliver this weekend.

Deer season opens tomorrow but I will still have to cut and split some more wood.

Cordwood

NORTHERN NYer said:
$60 a face cord is the highest I have seen here so far. Thats for dry stuff. Most is around 45 to 50 for dry stuff.

I'm not sure exactly where your at, but that sounds about right. Buddies of mine are selling round wood for $50/cord and split for $65 or so. Pretty much all of it is green though, like right off the stump type green. A buddy of mine across the road from me bought like 4 full cord in 4' lengths, mostly green, beech/ash/little maple for like $300. That's pretty cheap. If you cross the bridge and run over into VT, I hear they are getting $100+ easily/face cord. That'd be in the burlington and surrounding areas over there....

South central PA is currently $110-130 for a full cord of split seasoned mixed hardwood - mostly oak; delivered but not stacked.

NORTHERN NYer said:
I am in northern Franklin county.
Where about's in Franklin County? I have family up there. My aunt and uncle live on Rt. 11B about a mile from the St. Lawrence County/Franklin County line in a little town called Dickinson Center, NY. I used to spend the summers up there when I was a kid. I learned more in the big woods up there, hunting, fishing, running a chain saw, milking cows.........drinking beer! We did it all!

Nickleville (St. Lawrence County), Brushton, St. Regis Falls, Moira, Malone, good times!!! :)

I was looking through the paper this morning and counted 4 ads for - full cords $250.00 ! The cheapest I saw was $140.00. This is from a greater Cincinnati newspaper. My favorite firewood is like my favorite beer! FREE!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Where about's in Franklin County? I have family up there. My aunt and uncle live on Rt. 11B about a mile from the St. Lawrence County/Franklin County line in a little town called Dickinson Center, NY. I used to spend the summers up there when I was a kid. I learned more in the big woods up there, hunting, fishing, running a chain saw, milking cows.........drinking beer! We did it all!

Nickleville (St. Lawrence County), Brushton, St. Regis Falls, Moira, Malone, good times!!!

I live in Moira born and raised, probably never leave. We are out of the big woods here in the valley and farmland. We used to have a hunting camp when I was a kid up south in the big woods. I am very familar with all the above activities mentioned, maybe too familiar with some.:givebeer:

Free

Lumberzack said:
I was looking through the paper this morning and counted 4 ads for - full cords $250.00 ! The cheapest I saw was $140.00. This is from a greater Cincinnati newspaper. My favorite firewood is like my favorite beer! FREE!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

If you were here dude I'd give it to ya. After I cut and split my wood, I sell about 10 or 20 cord and then I give a bunch away, prolly another 10 cord or so. I do it just for the exercise and cause I love being out there doing it... :cheers:

I love to cut fire wood.Its what I call my wood therapy.I am selling a cord of mixed hard wood for 110.00.Just started selling this fall.

Log loada

I bought log loads for the first time. We ended up with 26 face cord.
4'x8'x16". I paid $600 and got cherry, beach and maple. No oak. If I by by the load I get 5-6 face for $350 split and delivered. I go thru about 10 to 12 face cord a year. ~millman

After removing a declining 80 ft black cherry from a clients property the homeowner asked "does that wood have bugs in it"? I replied yes I`m sure there are a few here and there. She then replied that is why she buys her firewood from the BP gas station in those "easy to carry" bundles. While we laugh at this kind of thing everyone has a reason for doing the things the do. She is small and unable to cut wood, her husband is a surgeon and canot risk an injury to his hands. Their property is an estate and they do not want the mess and clutter of a firewood pile. They have the means, and spend it how they like. To her its a romantic evening in front of the fire with her husband for $4.99 .

Home heating oil, natural gas and electricity are very expensive, why should firewood be cheap? There is a lot of labor and sometimes danger, before a living tree becomes a useful fuel.

Oh and $300 for 10 cords.....thats just dumb. With a $10 ad in the paper he could of quadrupled his money easily, or more even.

Firewood Prices, Southern NH Region

We been selling our K/D firewood in this region for just under $9.50 cu ft. (e.g. ; 1/3 cord (16" lenghts) $405.00 plus delivery and stacked.

Back