Local tree cutting accident !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just shows you can't be to careful out there !!!!!!! This was only 15 mins. from my house !!

A man trying to cut down a tree in PA was killed when it fell on him, according to police.

The deputy coroner confirms the 53 yr. old died of traumatic injuries from a logging accident.

Authorities said the accident happened at the man's home .

State police said he was cutting down a large oak tree in his backyard when the tree fell on him. A trooper told us the son came home and found his dad underneath the tree and called 911 just after 4:30 p.m. Monday.

The chief with said when they arrived at the scene, there was nothing crews could do to save the man.

One neighbor who saw emergency vehicles racing by called the accident a rare and freak thing.

"It's very scary because my husband comes out here and cuts his trees. I was so nervous with the dog running around it. Scary. It happens, especially if you don't know what you are doing .

The man worked for a number of years as a corrections officer at a state prison . A lieutenant there described him as a loyal and hard worker.

Latest posts

Back