Locating Wood Lots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluegoose

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hopefully I selected the right forum here. Just looking for ideas on how to locate landowners that might be willing to allow me to cut "personal use" amounts of timber on their property. Should I take out a classified as, check with certain agencies, or what? Are there usual arrangements that exist between the landowner and logging person? Thanks for any information. :dizzy:

Is your personal use looking for firewood or saw logs? If you are looking for firewood I would contact some local loggers and see if they will allow you to go in to jobs after they are done and cut up tops. An awful lot of good firewood gets left behind by these guys sometimes.

You could also contact some local foresters. They often have parcels that they manage for private landowners that need the low grade material cleaned out. They may or may not let you in as opposed to paying a logger to do it.

This might not apply, but around here the Dept. of Environmental Conservation sells timber off the parcels of state land that are all over.

Latest posts

Back