locking saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

struggle

Got stumps?
Reaction score
Has or does anyone lock up their saws in the garage:msp_confused:

This thought has me concerned and see another person posted his house being broke into.

I was thinking running a cable through the most valuable saws on a shelf attached to somethign that would be enough of a distraction in time to stop a thief.

I really don't think it would be to common around my parts to be broken into but one can never be sure now days and saws are pretty easy to grab and run:msp_mad:

I don't chain mine up but I have a 90 lb. German Shepherd that doesn't like anybody but my wife and me. I think my stuff is safe. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I got me a jobox last week, getting ready to bolt it to my garage floor. No one is getting into this thing without making an epic racket and some time. Says on the inside that you're not supposed to store gas powered equipment, but I don't care.

I got me a jobox last week, getting ready to bolt it to my garage floor. No one is getting into this thing without making an epic racket and some time. Says on the inside that you're not supposed to store gas powered equipment, but I don't care.

Ah, we used to put the cutoff saws and mix cans in them at work all the time.

Locked in the garage and a 150lb male shepherd and 90lb female shepherd. Anybody wants my **** they had better bring a gun with at least 3 bullets and not miss.

i keep mine in echo hard cases that way they will think they are not worth stealing:biggrin::biggrin: plus we have 2 attack kitties

i keep mine in echo hard cases that way they will think they are not worth stealing:biggrin::biggrin: plus we have 2 attack kitties

Just hang a picture of the one we all have to look at when you post and they'll run like he!! after they throw up lol

I run a chain through the rear handles and around the work bench with a lock on it when im out of town. The truck saw is under a locked bed cover, and sometimes i run a cable through the rear handle of that saw and lock it to the tie hook inside the truck bed when im going to the "big city". Never can be too careful I guess. I'd rather spend the 45 seconds unlocking my stuff than dishing out the cash to replace it.

I don't lock a saw up period, three English shepherd's that will eat you azz off, many loaded firearms and video survelliance, with the make my day law in Missouri, good luck having enough arterial blood flow left in your body to make it off the property. I leave them on the back of the truck when I to town unlocked, the little English Shepherd black beech that rides on the back of the truck will make sure if someone reaches for something on the truck they get warned first with a growl and popping of the teeth, try it a second time and you'll draw back a bloody stub. Everyone locally knows it, so I never have an issue with her.

All of my saws hang on the wall and I was thinking about running a bar threw the handles. Like the t-paper holder in a outhouse.

I have two German Shepherds...if u want to steal my saws I'm sure they will let me know your doing it. Good Luck.

don't lock anything !! live on a 400 acre property ...if me German Shepherd don't get ya I will :bringit: got plenty of open cut mine shafts to drop the little bastards in :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back