Locktite Threadlocker question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTwoodnutt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Group-

I am in the process of rebuilding my 372XP and was wondering about 'Locktite Threadlocker #242 Blue'.

As I read on the back of the package...."it is NOT to be used on Plastic parts...".

Some of the Husqvarna bolts do go into Plastic.
- I called Locktite this morning, and spoke with an Applications Engineer, who said to use Locktite #425, but.....I need to find out just what type of plastic, Husqvarna uses.
Some plastics, would be 'eaten' by this #425 threadlocker. :msp_ohmy:

I DO want to use some kind of threadlocker, as I have had problems with bolts/screws 'vibrating loose', and don't want that happening again.

- Also, one of my bar bolts (front one) does't stay put, in the housing.
When I take the bar off, it'll fall inside the oil tank.
I fish it out, then put it back inside the case, (aligning it correctly, within the pre- cast 'rectangular' area, inside the housing,of course).
This is just a pressure fit, but it just doesn't stay anymore, even after buying a new Husky bolt ($4.80 for one bolt from my local dealer...).

HOW can I keep this bolt from falling into the oil tank?

I was thinking of a tiny dab of JB Weld, or perhaps Epoxy, but this is an oily area, and I don't think that it would hold(?)

Any ideas on these two issues?

-BTW- It's Snowing, here in Western CT as I type this!
(I'm, a Snow Lover, and we really didn't get anything during our "Winter" here this year).

WOOOO-HOOO! ;) :laugh:

THANKX!
Irv in the Western CT Hillz :rock:

I've seen some take a punch and hammer and add some "dimples" to the surface of the bolt where it goes through the case. Helps bite in and set.

Back