Log Lifter / Roller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a log lifter roller from tsc, they are about 37 dollars,are they worth it what do you think?? Thanx, Dan:popcorn:

Are you talking about a cant hook with a stand? If you are looking at this model

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_34396_-1______14455|14461|34396?listingPage=true&Special=false

Then save your money and buy a good one. The handle on this one is weak, you will end up bending the thing and have to hunt down a piece of pipe to replace it with. I have the same one out behind my shop in the junk heap. I spent a little more and bought a good one from Baileys, I think it ran be around the 70 dollar mark, but at least its sturdy.

just went thru same process...

get a quality American made tool like LogRite or Peavey Mfg
costs is amazingly not that much different.

make sure log lift attachment is removable... as it really gets in the way most of the time. longer the better... ended up with 60in handle... some say the 78in is better yet

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=73161

logrite.JPG

logrite5.JPG

Last edited:
Dwinch,
Save you money and buy a Logrite peavey and stand. One of the sponsors on this site has em for a good price. Get the 60" puppy and forget it.

I bought one of those TSC jobs. Didn't take much to bend the handle. Junk. Bought a Timberjack from Bailey's which works great and seems very well built. Another example of you get what you pay for.

I agree, I bought one this spring, a piece of sh$%&. I needed one quick as I had a line cutting wood with a small home builder, harvesting trees before the lots were cleared with a dozer. The hook wouldn't even bite the logs, I had to hammer it in.

Latest posts

Back