Log splitter hand valve replacemant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a husky 22 ton log splitter that needs a new hand valve.
I called TS for a replacement and they want $190,00 for it, but I see NT has some for as low as $89,00.
Can these valves be interchanged or is there a cheaper outlet for parts?

Thanks Dennis

PS I need ASAP

As long as the ports are the same they are interchangeable. Try site sponsor DHT. Surpluscenter have all you will need also.

When I built my splitter I just got one from the local farm store that said it was for log splitter service. It was around $60 and has never given me any problems.

As it turns out it is a speeco sct open detent valve and per my search the best price I found on that exact valve was $150.00+ shipping on line.
Tractor supply had one in stock so I bit the bullet and just got that one.
It works like a charm, though I just cycled it a few times to make sure it worked.
I’ll get out there this after noon and try it out.

I had been having trouble with the valve for some time.
It leaked around the back section where a cap is bolted on.
It also would not lock in the return and seemed to have pressure when engaging the return.
The splitter is only ten years old and I’ve only split about 500 cords with it. lol

I got frisky and took the cap off where it was leaking to see if I could fix it.
I didn’t know what it was till I pulled a collar on the shaft sticking out. Don’t do that!!!
3 bearings and a spring shot out in my hand and I’m not sure how they were in there.
Plus you have to hold down the collar and insert the bearings, then push the center bearing in and let the collar go all at the same time.lol
So not only did it not work rite, now it’s in pieces.lol

Oh well, it was busted anyway.lol

Back