Log Splitter plans from Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff0828

Reaction score
I have been looking to build a splitter like the Timberwolf Tw-5. While i have been searching all over to find pics of ones built and tips, I ran across some plans on ebay thats alot like what i am wanting to build. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these plans and built one? If so wanted to what your thoughts were on the plans and if you had any pics of the final build. For whatever reason the one selling the plans has no pics of splitters built off the plans he is selling which is why im wondering if they are worth buying or not. Log Splitter plans | eBay

Dont know if I would buy these plans, I have the skills to build one and I think anyone with these skils should be able to build one plus I think you might tweak the design enough for your personal tastes that it will likely differ a fair bit from the plans

I might spend $5 on a set of plans, but thats it. IMO...... $40+ is more than I'm willing to gamble on. Besides....... there is lots of info on splitters right here on AS if you are willing to spend a little time using the search function.

I just built one. just kind of planned as i went, just build it the way you want. I used mostly scrap material i had laying around. good luck with your build.

I agree on the price being kinda high, but i figured it would make things a little eaiser to build if i had something to go by. Here in my area no one has a splitter like these, everyone just has a store bought horizontial/vertical one. It would be no problem for me to build one if I had one to look at in person. I'm sure that if I were to get the plans I would change several things as I go.

Splitter plans

Northern Tool always had a book with plans. I do not know the current price but a quick search would find it.

A couple more on a wing and a prayer:
View attachment 241341View attachment 241342
241341d1339450622-logsplitter-002small-jpg

241342d1339450624-splitter1-jpg

I have been looking to build a splitter like the Timberwolf Tw-5. While i have been searching all over to find pics of ones built and tips, I ran across some plans on ebay thats alot like what i am wanting to build. I was wondering if anyone has purchased these plans and built one? If so wanted to what your thoughts were on the plans and if you had any pics of the final build. For whatever reason the one selling the plans has no pics of splitters built off the plans he is selling which is why im wondering if they are worth buying or not. Log Splitter plans | eBay

there's a thread here loaded with pix of the guy's splitters...both home made and store bought.

see here:

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/191147.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back