Log splitter project!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the hoses on and gave er a test run......I like it alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about fast, that 16gpm 2 stage pump made fast work out those oak.

Split the biggest rounds I had, pump barely had to kick down on em. :clap:

IMG_0409.jpg

Beautiful splitter! Great job! I love the sliding beam,and double top plate on the i beam..Rep sent to you!

We all now that is how they should be made. But once someone starts manufacturing them the price goes past the 3g range.

Beefie

Hi BK,
I will weld something on the foot to keep the wood from slippage...will start that when finished with beam shelves :) thanks

====

Funny, that was the first thing we ground off was the little gripper nipples, pain in tne butt, rounds hang up on them.
We cut and spilt 40/50 + cords a year for the past 8 or 9 yrs and have yet to have a round or split slip off...YMMV

VERY NICE work by the way...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the details and the pictures are nice. Would you give some details and/or photographs about the return end of the hydraulic system. Is there a baffle and if so what is it's design?

Thanks for sharing the details and the pictures are nice. Would you give some details and/or photographs about the return end of the hydraulic system. Is there a baffle and if so what is it's design?

Hi Baker, didnt do a baffle....will get you some pics of return line soon.

The tool box clashes, now you gotta paint the splitter OD green :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice build, now you need to throw some wood thru it :cheers:

Way to go Woodsman... you KEEP improving on a good thing!

It looks like my splitter project is about to pick up speed. We got a great CL score on a motor yesterday: 20hp Kohler Commander, new in the box. Pair that with the 28gpm 2-stage and we should have something... LOL

So I guess now it's time to get back to putting the metal that we've collected together. It was so much easier when it was all ideas and sketches and budget challenged!

Looks like the welding will re-start sometime this weekend....

It looks like my splitter project is about to pick up speed. We got a great CL score on a motor yesterday: 20hp Kohler Commander, new in the box. Pair that with the 28gpm 2-stage and we should have something... LOL

So I guess now it's time to get back to putting the metal that we've collected together. It was so much easier when it was all ideas and sketches and budget challenged!

What did you give for that motor? I'm going to have to build a splitter and if I have to, I want to build a big one.

What did you give for that motor? I'm going to have to build a splitter and if I have to, I want to build a big one.

We have seen used ones going for $250-800. This one was new, in the box and only $500. It's a $1500 motor easily....

Awesome score on motor, way to go!!!
Man that splitter is going to scream with that 28gpm 2-stage pump...you will make fast work out of that wood.

Post pics when you get er' going

Latest posts

Back