Log splitter pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I started a thread the other day about my splitter being little slow and I went and checked it out today and found the fluid a little low maybe that's it, but in my research I found some pumps at northern tool, I noticed the different GPM's I believe mine is 11 (Troybilt 27 ton) I am wondering if one of the higher rated ones 16 and 22 I believe will fit which looks like they would and will my splitter run faster with the higher rated ones.

Yes, but you need to make sure your current engine meets the minimum horse power requirements of the larger pump. I would imagine you could change to a 16gpm pretty easy. Check engine HP, suction.hose I.D., and mounting bracket config. .

More to it than changing the pumps. Engine have enough HP?. What about your control valve, will it handle the flow. What about the hydraulic lines and ports on the cylinder, are they big enough to handle the extra flow. What about hydraulic tank size, does it hold enough oil for the bigger pump? Chances are since its a troybilt 27ton splitter, you will be okay in the valve, hose and ports areas, but The engine could be a tad to small. Dont mean it wont work, just that you might not get the kick out of it you are expecting. I also suspect that since you have a 27ton splitter, your current pump might be bigger than the 11gpm you are guessing at.

Back