Log Splitter valve adjustment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillyhiker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Replaced the contorl valve on an older log splitter but it doesnt kick back to neutral after it returns, is there an adjustment for this? didnt have any instructions with the valve and checked the manufactures web site...Cross SCD2E but no luck. thanks chuck

You may have a 'detent' valve. i.e., one that stays where you put it until you move it again. I just got rid of my old homebuilt that had one of those valves with detent in both directions. Made for nice operation but dangerous.

Harry K

I searched this site..should have done that first.....and found the adjustment. However its real sensitive...I can get it to kick back to neutral but it does it before it returns fully...adjust a smidgen the other way and it wont kick off...frustrating....

might be sensitive valve, but also might be high return backpressures causing the pressure on the inlet to rise up.
what are your pump flow, cylinder sizes, hose, filter and valve sizes?

Cylinder is 4", pump not sure looks similar to a 11 or 12 gpm but no number on it. No Filter I have to install that yet. Im Replacing the 5hp Unk Type motor with a honda later this week. The old one runs but not as smooth as id like ,or quiet.

Latest posts

Back