Log splitter video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, that wasn't very impressive.

how long before the guy sticks his hand down in there and loses it???? how many times do you have to touch a 12 inch diameter log in order to cut and split it?
once when it falls off the table, once when it doesn't feed, once when it falls into the splitter sideways, and 4 times to resplit all the pieces.

man, that wasn't very impressive.

how long before the guy sticks his hand down in there and loses it???? how many times do you have to touch a 12 inch diameter log in order to cut and split it?
once when it falls off the table, once when it doesn't feed, once when it falls into the splitter sideways, and 4 times to resplit all the pieces.

as I said we were cutting very short stuff up to 8" long had it been moved to 10" + there would not have been very many if any needing adjusted in the channel, also the majority of timber going through was small diameter down to 2" so the larger knife set was not put on hence the manual feeding at the splitter, finally there is a guard which sits over the opening when your not trying to film the process which when lifted during normal operation kills all controls.

without the hydraulic log deck we cut a stack approx 40ft long by 12ft deep and 14'sh high in about 20hrs or a little over don't know what that would be in cords as we dont use that measurement but with an avarge stick diameter of 7" & log size of 3" sq I was impressed enough to order one which should arrive early June although I did go for the next size up with hydraulic gripping & increased splitting force.

Latest posts

Back