Battery Powered Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
‘PERFORMANCE THAT GOES TOE-TO-TOE WITH GAS MODELS

Battery-operated motor delivers 24 tons of ram force that's capable of splitting logs up to 25in.L x 16in.D

Get up to 300 splits on a single battery charge

Fast 13-second cycle time matches speeds of comparable gas-powered units

Can be used indoors or operated in an enclosed space since there are no exhaust fumes to worry about”

$2,999.99

Philbert

‘Product Summary

This NorthStar 24-Ton Horizontal/Vertical Battery-Powered Log Splitter is the first of its kind in the industry! The revolutionary design delivers the power, performance and endurance of a gas splitter with the convenience and quiet operation of a hassle-free, battery-operated motor.

You’ll get up to 300 splits on a single charge of the powerful 60V Li-ion battery.

The innovative log splitter features a multi-patented design that gives you premium components and exclusive features, allowing you to save time, increase performance and work effectively.

The backbone of this log splitter is an industrial-strength I-beam with heavy-plate steel reinforcement.

The patented wedge design, made with alloy steel, maintains a consistent split and has a unique curve that reduces initial contact area for maximum penetrating force.

Add the optional NorthStar Wedge Wings (Item# 110910, sold separately) to make each stroke even more efficient.

The auto-return wedge design saves time and effort when splitting.

The premium hydraulic system is protected by a quad filtering system that uses four different components to protect the hydraulic system from contaminants. A large hydraulic oil reservoir allows fluid to effectively cool, reducing wear and helping fluid to last longer.

The slide-action, self-leveling pivot makes it simple to switch between horizontal and vertical splitting and the machine is for easy use in both orientations.

Some assembly required.
What's Included

(1) 24-Ton Li-Ion Log Splitter (1) 8 Amp charger (3.5-hr. charge time) (1) 60V/30Ah Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) battery’

Philbert

Can`t wait for everybody to start complaining when our out dated electrical grid is over run and killed by all this electric crap.

Sorry, but i`m just not buying into the battery thing. It has its places, but it can`t do what a gas engine can do for the long haul. We aren`t there yet.

sorry - battery splitter it must work, I know the amp draw on my plows at 12 v dc was around 400 and those are 2500 psi about the same as splitter. they are using a 60v pac someone due the math to see what the amp draw is. in my limited ability i think 5amp draw although i would doubt it is that low.

"Delivers an impressive 350 PSI with 11 GPM flow rate" 350 psi is way low, I'm thinking that's a typo.

I bet the 300 splits is in pine or some other easy splitting species where you barely touch the wood with the wedge and it splits cleanly. Most of the wood I split needs the wedge run all the way down.

Still, for people like me who do a couple hours at a time vs all day marathons, it might work. I'd pay a premium to not have to stand next to a hot loud gas engine (except in winter when the heat is welcome). Dunno if I'd pay a $1100 premium though, plus the cost of running power out to the barn to charge the thing. Prices will come down as battery tech improves.

wood like know to the replacement price of a batter pak for this. I know that 60v paks for some of mowers and various other tools are north of $250 ea. my computer system is blocking any posting of a question to northern regarding this.

they are using a 60v pac someone due the math to see what the amp draw is.
Specs say 60V, 30Ahr. If correct, that is like 10 of the battery packs used with battery powered chainsaws.

Availability and cost of a unique battery pack is a concern I have. I have some stuff that will be obsolete when the batteries die, because Batteries Plus is not rebuilding Lu-ion battery packs (right now). Different than stuff that runs off ‘universal ’12V car batteries.

For $3K, I would want an A/C adapter just in case, and for when the battery is charging.

Philbert

For me batteries have there place. I wouldn't be without my cordless tools. I don't leave home without my half inch cordless impact. When we split wood I have two guys help me and we try to put in a ten hour day with a few breaks. Like to use the help up when I have it. LOL. I am not buying a battery powered wood splitter. I did convert a homemade splitter for a guy thirty years ago to a 7.5 HP 220 volt electric motor. He split all his wood by his shop. He used it for many years. It worked great for him. I wouldn't want to give up my 20 HP gas power splitter with a 28 GPM two stage pump.

Can`t wait for everybody to start complaining when our out dated electrical grid is over run and killed by all this electric crap.

Sorry, but i`m just not buying into the battery thing. It has its places, but it can`t do what a gas engine can do for the long haul. We aren`t there yet.
You mean like the brownouts they have in Kalifornia? :)

I have nothing against clean energy. I just know the difference between what's advertised as clean, and what's actually clean. A 1990s 35hp tractor with a 3 pt mounted splitter is the "cleanest" wood splitter you're ever going to find. Wish I had one...

Back