Loggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
il double that bet blaster.. that just wouldnt fit into my working style..you can either run a saw or not.. this from a fello that tried a little artwork on his leg recently..

hi mate in australia the laws for chainsaw use is so strick you have to do training to work as a chainsaw operater and you need a ticket to say you have done all the training.plus all the tree felling tickets you need too . hope this helps

I firmly beleive that treeworkers should have similar requirements regarding chainsaw use in daily operations. Never have I seen the varying levels of incompetence as I have in the urban tree care industry.

It is short for Magnus: The strong, or great.
There was a king called Magnus Ladulås.
Guess what the worlds stongest (last few years) man is called?
Samuelsson in last name.

Mange said:
It is short for Magnus: The strong, or great.
There was a king called Magnus Ladulås.
Guess what the worlds stongest (last few years) man is called?
Samuelsson in last name.
I wonder what kind of chainsaw he (M Samuelsson) wields, in a hunters magazine I saw him carry an elk on his back after a successful hunting trip :) It wasn't a full grown elk, but still... :) (edited: you'd probably call it moose over there, I don't mean wapiti-elk)

When it comes to logging, I have no clue about the laws around here, but I reckon that Mange is right (of course) - to work as a commercial logger you need a license, if nothing else for insurance reasons. I've seen shorter courses for this, it doesn't seem necessary to go to forest school for three years, although that is probably a great beginning if you are into forests in general, not just cutting them down :)

As for safety equipment : the professional industry (with "help" from unions) have been the leaders in safety equipment here, which means that "Joe Public" (that would be Medel-Svensson...) doesn't think it's "silly" or "un-manly" to use safety equipment, it makes him look more professional :blob2:

Last edited:
gotta love those words that don't quite mean the same thing in another language. There are some famous examples of botched marketing by companies using the American product name in a foreign country, only to find that it means something very different.

Latest posts

Back