Loggers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tony marks

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
il double that bet blaster.. that just wouldnt fit into my working style..you can either run a saw or not.. this from a fello that tried a little artwork on his leg recently..

steve oj

steve oj

hi mate in australia the laws for chainsaw use is so strick you have to do training to work as a chainsaw operater and you need a ticket to say you have done all the training.plus all the tree felling tickets you need too . hope this helps

P_woozel

P_woozel

ArboristSite Guru
I firmly beleive that treeworkers should have similar requirements regarding chainsaw use in daily operations. Never have I seen the varying levels of incompetence as I have in the urban tree care industry.

Mange

Mange

Addicted to ArboristSite
It is short for Magnus: The strong, or great.
There was a king called Magnus Ladulås.
Guess what the worlds stongest (last few years) man is called?
Samuelsson in last name.

mktest

mktest

ArboristSite Member
Mange said:
It is short for Magnus: The strong, or great.
There was a king called Magnus Ladulås.
Guess what the worlds stongest (last few years) man is called?
Samuelsson in last name.
I wonder what kind of chainsaw he (M Samuelsson) wields, in a hunters magazine I saw him carry an elk on his back after a successful hunting trip :) It wasn't a full grown elk, but still... :) (edited: you'd probably call it moose over there, I don't mean wapiti-elk)

When it comes to logging, I have no clue about the laws around here, but I reckon that Mange is right (of course) - to work as a commercial logger you need a license, if nothing else for insurance reasons. I've seen shorter courses for this, it doesn't seem necessary to go to forest school for three years, although that is probably a great beginning if you are into forests in general, not just cutting them down :)

As for safety equipment : the professional industry (with "help" from unions) have been the leaders in safety equipment here, which means that "Joe Public" (that would be Medel-Svensson...) doesn't think it's "silly" or "un-manly" to use safety equipment, it makes him look more professional :blob2:

Last edited:
Blowdown1

Blowdown1

ArboristSite Operative
gotta love those words that don't quite mean the same thing in another language. There are some famous examples of botched marketing by companies using the American product name in a foreign country, only to find that it means something very different.

Latest posts