Logging in the UP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had more woods/logging pictures to post but the book of photos I inherited is long on sawmill/family and short on timber . I do have copies of the factory and equipment that I will scan in when I dig up that folder .
As an interesting bit of family lore - my grandfather was a very unpleasant man . I found a folder with the heading "Arguments with various people". When you need a folder to keep track of your enemies, you may need to reconsider your attitude ! It reminds me of what my friend calls Irish alzheimer's - you forget everything but the feuds . He also had note stationary of the "From the desk of .." variety that had the heading "Isn't it a beautiful day ... just watch some bastard louse it up"!
Ah, good times !

I wish I had more woods/logging pictures to post but the book of photos I inherited is long on sawmill/family and short on timber . I do have copies of the factory and equipment that I will scan in when I dig up that folder .
As an interesting bit of family lore - my grandfather was a very unpleasant man . I found a folder with the heading "Arguments with various people". When you need a folder to keep track of your enemies, you may need to reconsider your attitude ! It reminds me of what my friend calls Irish alzheimer's - you forget everything but the feuds . He also had note stationary of the "From the desk of .." variety that had the heading "Isn't it a beautiful day ... just watch some bastard louse it up"!
Ah, good times !
Grandfathers like that are hard to be around. I had one of those. Fortunately for me the other one was, if there is such a thing, just right. Makes you rethink your role as a grandfather and the legacy you want to leave behind, doesn't it?

Grandfathers like that are hard to be around. I had one of those. Fortunately for me the other one was, if there is such a thing, just right. Makes you rethink your role as a grandfather and the legacy you want to leave behind, doesn't it?

I hear you there ! I am now a grandfather and treat my grandson like he was my best friend . I am getting my hip replaced earlier than my doctors advise so I can play football and WWF wrestling with him before he gets big enough to outrun me !

I hear you there ! I am now a grandfather and treat my grandson like he was my best friend . I am getting my hip replaced earlier than my doctors advise so I can play football and WWF wrestling with him before he gets big enough to outrun me !
I see he has OSHA approved workboots on. That ding dong thing on the end of the bar will keep his handsome face preserved in case of a severe kickback. Keep up the good work, Grandpa.

Back