logging opportunity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best is the veneer White Oaks everybody thinks they have. And yeah, I show up at a saw shop with a full wrap, large dogs, and a 28"-36" bar and they usually say "What in the hell is that" or "I would take a hacksaw to that handle, that ain't no account" or "Gawd, how bigga timber you cuttin to need a dadgum bar that long for"

I'm used to it by now.......

We drank the Kool-Aid NM................And my saw never sits in the garage. It's in the shop, in the woods or in the crummy......Off to the woods guys, gonna finish up the block we are in now, and move to the back of the tract. I got a big schoolmarm black oak to cut today, bout 6 ft up. If I cut it low its gonna bust all to pieces, so I have decided today will be an excellent springboard day. Gonna try and video this one.

Come on out! I can find all the fallers, loaders, skidders, hoe chuckers, rubber tramps, rigging slingers, side rods, bullbucks, choker setters, yarder punchers, Cat skinners, blade men, mechanics, knot bumpers, grease monkeys, bean counters, belly robbers, short thumb scalers, winos, dinos, dingbats and truck drivers I need...but we can always make room for a good clown.
Make sure your makeup is waterproof. Raining out here.

:laughing:

That's the best thing I think I've ever read on this site!!!! :laughing::lol:

That right there is signature worthy!

I'm kinda bummed this turned bogus, being on the West Coast, I've never seen a hardwood tree that wasn't planted in someone"s yard. I was out in the shed putting 20" bars on six cube saws, seein' if I had half wraps and some baby teeth dawgs, so's I could fake my way in.
Did you even own any 20" bars, or did you have to buy some?... ;)

:)

I want to drop one, just one of those that would take a Silvey jack and a 7' bar, and the top is so far up you have to step back a few paces to see it.

Everybody says that. What are you going to do with it after you get it on the ground? Granted, falling is the most fun but falling is also the easiest part of the whole process. You have to fall it so it saves out, buck it, skid it, load it, and get it to the mill. Got a plan? :laugh:

Well Bob I guess this means I don't have to send you a 16" hardnose and a half-wrap for your PM850 after all.:D

That fine old saw would die from embarrassment if I dressed it up like that. Or you'd thump me on the head for not appreciating the saw. Or something else equally bad. I'll run it the way I got it.

The OP finally tumbled to the fact that he wasn't going to find any fish here so he quit trolling. That's a good thing. If I was going to get involved in shady or non profitable logging deals there are plenty to choose from closer to home. :rolleyes:

Back