LombardyPoplar-Crane-Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here’s a Lombardy Poplar we took down earlier this week. The lower half was full of dead ivy of which I had to cut my way through to get to the TIP. Many climbers might have opted to hitch a lift with the crane, but an access route needed cutting out sooner or later so I got that messy job out of the way first thing. Other than that, pretty straight forward, 50t crane, nice day for it etc.

You’ll have to pardon me for not participating further in this thread, only I’m going to be busy for a few days. Thanks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iwY-lrSmWU

Nice controlled work. I wanted to see more of you setting the chokers though. I havn't been up in the tree on a crane job yet. I bid one this year but got underbid. We will see.... Mike

+1 on more choker setting examples. I really liked watching the kerf go up and down as you signaled the crane for the exact tension you wanted. Very nice work, Reg. Keep postin'.

Your vids make this kind of work look like a Carnival Cruise as usual.

"If they could see me now"
out on a fun ship cruise....."

:wave:

Thanks.

The saw is a 390+30in-bar.

I can only guess that the 50t crane would cost the equivalent of $600. That one also has optional rear-wheel-steering which makes is ideal for tight access.

reg i am impressed i watched a few of your videos and it is top notch work. i worked with many climbers in the time i been doing this. and ive only met a handful that can acomplish these kinds of tasks. your ground crew seems top notch also. a good ground crew makes life have alot less headaches sometimes.

Latest posts

Back