Longer bar or bigger saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an excellent post.

Thanks

And now that i have slept on this decision i think i want to get a bigger saw. That means i will have to wait for a while to save up for it.

I assume a 390 Will run a 28” all day or possibly even a 32”. I dont cut much soft wood. Mostly harder woods. Oak, black locust, cherry, hickory, and then a little maple & beach.

Here is my only gripe. I have really liked autotune and wish the 390 had it as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 576 Autotune will run a 28 no problem. I love mine, very smooth. Should be comparable to the Stihl 441 CM.

What an excellent post.

Thanks

And now that i have slept on this decision i think i want to get a bigger saw. That means i will have to wait for a while to save up for it.

I assume a 390 Will run a 28” all day or possibly even a 32”. I dont cut much soft wood. Mostly harder woods. Oak, black locust, cherry, hickory, and then a little maple & beach.

Here is my only gripe. I have really liked autotune and wish the 390 had it as an option.

We chase alder and maple with the 562 running a 32.

Well if i got another saw it would not be another 5XX. It would have to be the next line up so a 390 it is.

I guess i can go without autotune

A 390XP will pull any length bar you want to put on it and do it VERY well. In fact Im cutting timber with a 390xp now days. Prior to that I was using the 576AT and before that a 576xp. Prior to that a 575xp and prior to that a 372xp. Do we see a pattern here? LOL. Around here I don't see any reason to ever need to go bigger than the 390

Well if i got another saw it would not be another 5XX. It would have to be the next line up so a 390 it is.

I guess i can go without autotune

The 390 is awesome. My 576AT is quite a bit stronger than the 562 though. The 390 isn't much more than the 576. I think you are paying for the AT. The 390 is a little stronger but the 576 has AT and a lot smoother saw. So I guess it's a trade off either way.

You could also wait for a 572 which should have no problem with a 28 or 32. Personally I'd go 390 and not look back though.
For my use, a 390 is the ULTIMATE saw. Light enough to not kill you carrying it around yet powerful enough to keep up with falling timber. I like them so well I own 3 of them right now and will most likely pick up another new one as soon as I catch wind of Husky stopping production in the future.

Going to think about it more. I just payed $2300 to re-gear my truck, i bought a motive power fill for pumping in the gear oil faster and i bought 4 gallons of redline 75W140 gear oil. Truck takes 7 quarts to do the front and rear

So my wallet hurts right now. Iv got time to decide.

There is only one thing I HATE about the 562. The terrible air filter/horn design that seems to never fit and seal perfectly. Last time I even ran a beed of RTV around the filter horn to get a nice seal. But i replaced the filter today and it still let dust in. Much less than before but it still did.

Leads me to believe that these filters are crap and let to much dust through the filter media.

Going to think about it more. I just payed $2300 to re-gear my truck, i bought a motive power fill for pumping in the gear oil faster and i bought 16 gallons of redline 75W140 gear oil.

So my wallet hurts right now. Iv got time to decide.

There is only one thing I HATE about the 562. The terrible air filter/horn design that seems to never fit and seal perfectly. Last time I even ran a beed of RTV around the filter horn to get a nice seal. But i replaced the filter today and it still let dust in. Much less than before but it still did.

Leads me to believe that these filters are crap and let to much dust through the filter media.

Just curious, are you using OEM filters or AM? I ask this because Im in the process of building a 562 right now that I got as a basket case and one of the missing parts was the air filter. I bought an OEM filter and its the felt, fleece type and it seemed to fit tight and perfect. Ive looked at the AM filters on fleabay and all of them are some degree of mesh or screen, not flocked.

Just curious, are you using OEM filters or AM? I ask this because Im in the process of building a 562 right now that I got as a basket case and one of the missing parts was the air filter. I bought an OEM filter and its the felt, fleece type and it seemed to fit tight and perfect. Ive looked at the AM filters on fleabay and all of them are some degree of mesh or screen, not flocked.

OEM felt.

Im on filter #5 and they all have given me trouble

So ive decided to put a 24” on this saw as it is a good middle of the road length and then save for a bigger saw (390xp)

Nobody in town carries.058 24” bars. NOBODY. And They all want me to order it for around $100 just for the bar.

Is there any forum sponsored sites that are recommended for a good price on what im looking for?

Im not brand loyal. Just want a good bar.

So ive decided to put a 24” on this saw as it is a good middle of the road length and then save for a bigger saw (390xp)

Nobody in town carries.058 24” bars. NOBODY. And They all want me to order it for around $100 just for the bar.

Is there any forum sponsored sites that are recommended for a good price on what im looking for?

Im not brand loyal. Just want a good bar.

Can I ask why 58 gauge?

Can I ask why 58 gauge?

Because that’s what’s on it right now and I like it. Can I ask why a 50 versus a 58

Some may not agree but I don’t like the
.05’s as a feel more crap it’s packed in the groove on the bar faster.

Whether this is true or not I don’t really know but that’s what I feel.

Anyway, it’s still like to see what foreign sponsored vendors I recommended for what I’m looking for.

.058ga 24” bar for my 562xp

Some may not agree but I don’t like the
.05’s as a feel more crap it’s packed in the groove on the bar faster.

Whether this is true or not I don’t really know but that’s what I feel.

Anyway, it’s still like to see what foreign sponsored vendors I recommended for what I’m looking for.

.058ga 24” bar for my 562xp

Normally I’m running 50 on up to 28 and 63 from 32 on up never seen a 58 before.

Normally I’m running 50 on up to 28 and 63 from 32 on up never seen a 58 before.

Its a husky and Oregon thing

Back