Look @ tha size of this dead buck i found!! OMG!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipmaker29

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
was cutting up a fallen hackberry tree yesterday and had my boxer with me. he likes to go and run around smelling everything while i am cutting wood. i shut saw off to take a break and i noticed he had his head down messing with something. i hollered @ him and him threw his head up and had what appeared to be a bone in his mouth. i sat saw down and walked over to where he was and laying there was the skeleton of this HUGE grandpa. I have been hunting deer all my life and have taken some nice deer in the 160 class range but i have never had my hands on bone like this!

this guy has 20 points with 6.5" bases. spread is just over 20" and the circumference measurement between the G2 & G3 is over 7". I rough scored him @ 195 3/8"! Wanted to share the pic with everyone that enjoys hunting like i do. Once in a lifetime find, imo:)

attachment.php

WOW that is a trophy find for sure :clap:

You gotta be ####tin! You could probably sell that for a couple hundred bucks.
Hell there's probably someone that will give you $1000. A taxadermist could mount that on a good cape and have one hell of a head mount.

Are you looking for a new hunting buddy? WOW that is unbelievable. Are there enough teeth left to age him?

Man...and chances are some guy is still taken crap from his hunting buddies for not being able to track that, or maybe the kiss of death, saying he didn't hit it at all. What a great find. Once in a lifetime for sure.:yourock:

Are you looking for a new hunting buddy? WOW that is unbelievable. Are there enough teeth left to age him?

LOL...i dont know exactly how to age by teeth but i dont have the lower jawbone. dont i have to have that to properly age him? his top teeth are all in tact just fine. if u can tell him how to do it from them then i will check it out.

there r big bucks here but i never seen the likes of a buck this size. i know they are here obviously but they are masters @ hiding for sure. hopefully this guy past some of these genetics along. i am sure he died of old age. found within 2 miles of my house so ima keep an eye out for his offspring.

thanks for all the replies guys. glad to here from people that can appreciate the size of this guy...

I was lucky to hold a set like those that came from a buck that was killed on the toll road. Really cool to hold in your hands. They almost feel like they have power. Really awesome find! Good luck hunting!!

WOW!:bowdown: reminds me of 3 years ago, odd thing first 8 pt walked infront of my truck in driveway second atleast 12pt or so, third huge, not as big as that one but biggest I've ever actually seen. Needless to say I didn't do much but hunt for him that year.Seen what looked like the smaller 8 but,never him again.

That's a HAWG for sure! Wonder if someone shot him and lost him or natural causes.

Whitetail deer start to degrade (rack wise) after about the 5th or 6th year. . . If he was at his peak, he was probably only 4-6 years old.

Of course, he could have been bigger before, and you found him on the downhill side. :jawdrop:

Holy Shmokes! Nice buck for sure! Hopefully that old Brute died of old age and not a slow death from a bad shot. I wouldnt be able to believe it if i would have found that thing...i would have had buck fever just holding the skull. Yep, def not every day you run across a 190-200 class buck. Thats awesome and you can bet he has passed on his genes. Keep the area a secret!

Nice find...I would guess that he was shot and not found by a hunter or poacher...

I got the wonderful news last night from my neighbors son, that he and a friend were out in the woods screwing around and decided it would be fun to shoot a deer...He said they shot a big buck w/ a .22 several times...:mad:...My guess is they were running them w/ atvs...He didn't like my response when I told him the game warden would be paying him a visit...

Last edited:
that is one sweet deer rack, wish I seen that out of my bow stand

Back