Look @ tha size of this dead buck i found!! OMG!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice deer, I have only seen one other Huge one in my life....

It trotted across the road in front of me one evening . The sun hit his rack and I just watched him trot off. Must have been close to 30 points.....HUGE. Never saw or heard of him again. He live on the edge of a town around here....probably dead by now. Would have loved to have him standing in my living room.

ya you need the lower jaw then I think you use a gauge to judge the age by the wear of his back teeth. If I had to guess I would say 5 years. Its amazing how big they can get after 2 years! Congrats!

Wow, that's a big buck! Where abouts in Indiana are you? South, I'd bet?

Mike

thanks for all comments guys. great to know so many of u appreciate a truly great whitetail such as he was and still is to me.

i am in southeastern, in. i def keep area he came from to myself. people round here are RUDE & have no respect.

i believe this buck died of natural causes. he is definitely on the downside as far as the size of his rack...imo. lots of abnormal growth and unreal mass. i am sure he had a bigger rack at some point. woods he chose to expire in is very small. not but prolly 150 yards wide by bout 3 times that long. round here everybody & their brother and all his cousins hunt and shoot anything that moves. sucks! not what it used to be when i was young. that is why i try to stick with my bow. not near as many people take to the woods with archery gear and deer are not as spooked.

herd here is goin down FAST! several years ago they opened up the gate on doe harvest. i think i figured up awhile back that a guy could kill like 40+ does and have a legal tag to put on everyone of them according to legal harvest per county.

i myself only take 1-2 deer a year and all my family loves to eat venison and i got a bit of a collection of decent racks but man this buck blew me away!!

thanks again for all the comments and good hunting everyone.

A friend of mine found a huge buck in '03 and took it to the Deer Classic in Illinois to have it scored. Cabela's contacted him and offered him several thousand and a replica mount if he would sell. He did, and the original is now on display at one of the Cabela's in Texas, I believe.

zh

A friend of mine found a huge buck in '03 and took it to the Deer Classic in Illinois to have it scored. Cabela's contacted him and offered him several thousand and a replica mount if he would sell. He did, and the original is now on display at one of the Cabela's in Texas, I believe.

zh

thanks for the information man! i know that bass pro & cabelas will buy such but i figured that i would have to give up the rack. i could def use the money but really hard to part with the rack!...u know. i mean damn..this is the largest rack i have ever put my hands on personally. i have seen many big racks but finding one of this magnitude was a special experience for me.

with a replica i could still look @ him hangin over my fireplace cuz that is where he is headed as soon as i can find a cape worthy enough. it will be next year as now season has long since passed here.

thanks for the information man! i know that bass pro & cabelas will buy such but i figured that i would have to give up the rack. i could def use the money but really hard to part with the rack!...u know. i mean damn..this is the largest rack i have ever put my hands on personally. i have seen many big racks but finding one of this magnitude was a special experience for me.

with a replica i could still look @ him hangin over my fireplace cuz that is where he is headed as soon as i can find a cape worthy enough. it will be next year as now season has long since passed here.

Better check your states game laws.Many states look upon that skull as state property.I think I might call a Conservation Officer and explain the situation before either Cabelas or Bass Pro.Hate to see a great moment ruined by John Law.

Triple WOW!! Got any lat and long numbers you wanna give out? :hmm3grin2orange:

Great find!! Hopefully you get a crack at the kin:cheers:

Sweet. If you hunt, that goes in garage for conversation piece. In record book, there is a section for sheds in pope and young, or boone in crocket if your into it?

Again, Congrats!!!:clap:

Better check your states game laws.Many states look upon that skull as state property.I think I might call a Conservation Officer and explain the situation before either Cabelas or Bass Pro.Hate to see a great moment ruined by John Law.

thanks for the advice. i have consulted them. just so happens one is a pretty decent friend of mine. i found him on private property which i have full permission to cut wood, hunt, take my kids quad riding or whatever. i am not in violation of any laws. deer was found well after deer season and obviously been dead for quite a while.

its all good...

Sweet. If you hunt, that goes in garage for conversation piece. In record book, there is a section for sheds in pope and young, or boone in crocket if your into it?

Again, Congrats!!!:clap:

thanks alot man! ya i have hunted all my life but have never and dont plan on entering any of my bucks in their books. nothing against those that do but to me a bucks antlers are awesome and there shouldnt be deductions from measurements or docked for this or that. if a deer has 195" of antlers growing from his head then that is what he has not what the scorer says he should be penalized for. same goes for any deer whether it scores 120" or 250".

he is definitely a conversation piece & a GREAT memory.

thanks

thanks for the advice. i have consulted them. just so happens one is a pretty decent friend of mine. i found him on private property which i have full permission to cut wood, hunt, take my kids quad riding or whatever. i am not in violation of any laws. deer was found well after deer season and obviously been dead for quite a while.

its all good...

Great.Don't take the first offer; those babies are worth thousands, and you'll still have a great story and a copy on your wall.Good luck.

Back