• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Lookin for something in the 28” 72cc class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vokeyneville

Reaction score
Been using saws and cuttin for a while been a climber done limbin on my own dime using 2 Chinese climber 25cc class saws one with a 16” and one with a 12”. Been using a early 2000s ms170 for limbing and breaking down what I buck with it. Been long over due I’ve had to replace a lot of my 170 with aftermarket just simply from over extending its purpose over the years. Surprised it has any compression at all to be honest. Well it’s around Xmas time and I want to treat myself to something better. I debated on getting a clone of the 461 or the 660 or the 372xp but it just don’t feel right. I’ve dealt with enough Chinese garbage and it’s time to get something real. I prefer used saws always have don’t like the fresh out of the box smell.

anyway would love something with that ooomf feeing ive only ever seen others use. My arms are tired from filing chain after chain because I’ve had to over extend my saws intended design. Doesn’t mean I’m done filing just done filing these old hunks of scrap

If anyone got something for sale that’s not an eBay link I’d be interested in your saws history and a rundown. I know stihl well but open to other brands.

Welcome to AS sir.
I have a good number of 70cc saws.
Stock Dolmar 7910, ported 372xtorq, stock 372oe with heated handles, ported 365, modded 365, even a ported 440.
Do you want to buy a bar and chain too or do you have a connection for that locally, if you need to buy one what length are you looking for.
Do you have a price range your wanting to stay in.
And last but not least, welcome to AS :).

First off, thank you for the welcome I’ve been around for a while just lurking and learning good to see such a highly regarded member post on my thread.

with that said dolmar interests me but I’m wary of finding parts for repairs opposed to husqurvana having a lot on the market. I am interested in any of the 372s or the 440. As far as bars and chains go I don’t mind a well cared for used bar but if it’s a pain to ship I’d rather not cause any trouble. I would like anywhere between a 24-32” but am not fussy a good month is gonna be Learning the saw before breaking her back into some hard maples , we do got some 30+“ inch red oaks I’ve learned to cut with a 16” wasn’t fun doing Dutchman’s with.

price range is what the saw and blade and chain is valued to you im not a broke man but I ain’t rich either no one here does this kind of work for the money haha. If you prefer to keep your prices in private I am more then open to that with a message on here

little history on each saw would be great as well so when I inevitably bring it into a dealer I could strike up some conversation.

Latest posts

Back