Looking at an Echo 6700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbunyon

Reaction score
So I found a very well taken care of Echo 6700 with a 24” bar for $300. I was looking at a new Echo 7310 but didn’t really want to drop $1k. I am having a hard time finding reviews on this saw. Is this saw somewhat comparable to the 7310? Is it a good saw? Anyone know what is the max blade length?

I am just getting into milking my own live edge logs, and this would be the saw I would be using.

So I found a very well taken care of Echo 6700 with a 24” bar for $300. I was looking at a new Echo 7310 but didn’t really want to drop $1k. I am having a hard time finding reviews on this saw. Is this saw somewhat comparable to the 7310? Is it a good saw? Anyone know what is the max blade length?

I am just getting into milking my own live edge logs, and this would be the saw I would be using.
I just bought a brand new CS-7310P a few weeks ago for $849 at my local dealer. There is no reason to pay above that for this saw. The deals are out there, if you shop around. I wouldn`t bother with that older saw. Buy the CS-7310, its a great saw. A simple muffler mod and carb tune, it rip`s! Even after a few tanks of gas, you can feel it wake right up. And no worries, its built v_e_r_y rugged!

Been quite a few years ago but I ended up with one here in the shop, also got a CS-670 and CS-800. None of them are overly impressive for cutting speed/performance anyplace but very well built and tough as nails. I remember all of them oiling the bar all the time and when you tried to lean them up to get more RPM's and cutting performance they just stalled against the clutch ("underwelming as mentioned above). I fattened them back up and they "grunt" OK but I never found myself reaching for any of them for an outing so I sent them on down the road. The CS-800 in particular had a "goofy" air filter and you had to pry out a rubber plug to make carb adjustments. Echo has stepped up the game considerably since then. The CS-590/600/620P's are much better saws and not overly expensive either. The CS-7310 for sure is light years ahead of a CS-6700/CS-670/CS-680. I'd go that direction even if it cost a bit more....FWIW.....

My Echo CS-670 still runs fine. I bought it used about six years ago, and it pulls a 28" bar. I made an adapter in the shop so that I could use a Stihl bar since I have several of these bars.
1685988235719.jpeg
No problems at all. I imagine it would run well against a Stihl 460.

I have the older, orange 6700, and a newer, grey 6700. The older, orange saw runs better. Maybe the plastic flywheel, or air filter setup, timing, coil, carb, or the transfers are different.

In my experience, the older, orange series saws, right before they turned grey, run better. (rev higher, and snappier)

That said, they are old. If you like working on old saws, that's great. If not, go with something newer.

I run 24" bars on both my 6700's. It would run a 27", but I have bigger saws for that size wood.

I don't do milling, so I'm not sure, but I would think you want a bullet proof workhorse to chug along - that's what the grey 6700 will do.

300 is too much though.

Hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back