Looking for 066 or 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcowboy1974

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi there still looking for a good running, used Stihl 064 or 66 in good condition. Want to spend around $400 or so. Don't need a bar or chain. PM me, email me, or post your info here. Thanks a lot, and have a wonderful day you mad woodcutters!

066 mag for sale

Ok, here's the situation:
My brother and I have 2 acres of standing oak. We had (I thought) decided on milling it ourselves. I had a perfectly good 066 mag and he has nothing. Last week I purchased a new 660 so we could make short work of this milling...... now he has backed out. I certainly don't need two 066/660's.

So, I was planning on putting the 066 on ebay. It's 3/8 (not .404) and would sell with a 28" bar and two new chains. I originally purchased it used. I don't know the early history of this saw but the picture below includes the original bar. I cut (bucked) maybe two trees with that bar before I got the 28".... so, the saw couldn't have been used much before I got it.

The original owner never cleaned it and let it roll around in the back of his pickup, so it was caked with dirt and mess and looked pretty rough when I got it. But the piston showed no signs of scoring or wear, and it has always started on the third pull. It's been throughly cleaned up and now looks pretty much new. (I painted the case and starter cover with high quality automotive paint) It has a new sprocket, plug and chain/sprocket guard ($55 - the old one had a chunk out of it from where, I guess, someone had thrown a chain or perhaps happened in the pickup bed.) as well as a new front cover(... once I started, I wanted it to look new).
I've posted pictures of this saw on the site before (back when I had no need or intent of selling it).

I may be asking a bit more than you had intended on paying for a saw, but I really want to sell the 28" bar and chains with it. (I don't need them as I have a 32" for the new 660.) I'd say the 28" bar, two chains, and the 24/25" bar is surely worth $100. I had planned, at some point, to sell it all on ebay with a starting bid of $550 and HOPE to go up from there.
Some of the pics below are with the new (never started) 660 just for comparison. I can certainly post more pictures or answer any questions... pm me if you are interested.

... a couple mo'
one I was trying to get a picture of the piston just after I cleaned it up.
The other is a recent picture of the side of the saw.

smcowboy1974 said:
Thanks for the reply on the 066's you have. But my heart is set on .404 bar and chain. Thanks anyway for posting the pics, and have a great day!

Do you realize a new .404 nose is about $20 and the rim is $5. Buy the saw you want and change the nose and rim.

Bill

Bill G said:
Do you realize a new .404 nose is about $20 and the rim is $5. Buy the saw you want and change the nose and rim.

Bill
I've been thinking this all along. not a hard swap at all.

Back