Looking for a 288xp Crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgerunner97

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Posted up in the wanted ad of the classifieds, figured I could get some better exposure here as well. I desperately need a used 288xp crankcase. Mine broke from a fall out of the bucket when my dad was using it. Cheaper the better. If anyone has one that isn't bare, i'd be possibly interested in one that has a flywheel with it or whatever, I just need the case! :D Thanks in advance guys. Either reply in this thread or shoot me a PM.

Well, good luck! Now you know why guys who climb for a living, steel or trees, "safe" both their equipment AND themselves. Safety lines for your gear and you are cheap, they work, aren't much hassle and that could have just as easily been a smashed human on the ground as a saw.

I've worked steel, not arborist work, and failure to safe was grounds for dismissal and or the other guys would think seriously about applying an educational beatdown. You WILL get yelled at and cussed at real quick like if they see an unsafed tool in your hands. A lot off people have gotten hurt by dropped tools, and a lot have gotten smashed up by not following proper procedures. I worked one job where a guy croaked from not being tied in when moving.

just sayin..., not trying to be a wiseazz or nuthin...good luck man!

Last edited:
Blah Blah Blah, if you didn't want to be a wise ass you would have kept your comment to yourself, and kept the thread on topic. If you've never run a big saw, not exactly what I want tied to me in a bucket, let it fall. Especially with one ground guy on the ground on the job and him being a hell of a way off. Thanks for your input! :clap:

Don't climb at all, or cut from a ladder, but I damn sure wouldn't want a 288 tied to me in any way either. Good luck with obtaining a good case. Lot of those saws out there.

Blah Blah Blah, if you didn't want to be a wise ass you would have kept your comment to yourself, and kept the thread on topic. If you've never run a big saw, not exactly what I want tied to me in a bucket, let it fall. Especially with one ground guy on the ground on the job and him being a hell of a way off. Thanks for your input! :clap:

A bit of over reaction there. You come on here and post and, well, others get to post their thoughts also. You seem to be defending your Dad. I can't say this is off topic because your Dad may need a little schooling. Anyway can the saw be tied to the bucket or equipment if you don't want it to the person? I don't know because tree service work is not my thing.

Yes, I would think it could be tied to something other than your person. 288 is almost big enough for a bucket saw.

Go ask in the swap meet thread, somebody probably has one.

Not really defending my dad. I'm pissed about what happened obviously as any of you would be. I just like threads to stay on topic and don't like hearing the safety police chime in on matters that they weren't there that is all. There wasn't anywhere handy to tie the saw off to the bucket and be able to run it without #### getting in the way, and a 288 will damn near yank ya out of the bucket if you lose it. I hope I find a case soon....

Not really defending my dad. I'm pissed about what happened obviously as any of you would be. I just like threads to stay on topic and don't like hearing the safety police chime in on matters that they weren't there that is all. There wasn't anywhere handy to tie the saw off to the bucket and be able to run it without #### getting in the way, and a 288 will damn near yank ya out of the bucket if you lose it. I hope I find a case soon....

Well, I apologize if you took it bad that way, I was just saying that's what happens when tools aren't safed. Hope you find a case soon! And my reply was on topic because you brought up that it took a dive from a bucket. Part of your post, that's the part I commented on.

Back