Looking for a saw upgrade...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening McPherson,

I do not know if somebody in Quebec or Ontario that build saws. My Husky 545 is going to Mastermind Randy in november.

The shipping is EXPENSIVE from Québec to USA but It is a one time deal. It is going to cost about? 50- 60$ To ship powerhead to Tenesse.

Je vais te revenir la dessus pour savoir si la scie a pris 30-40 % mais juste pour le sticker ca va valoir la peine

J-F

There is a guy that lives around Simcoe Ontario that ports saws. I think his name is Ed Heard.

He used to be a sponsor here, but he isn't around anymore. Simcoe is 30 mins away from me, I should take my 288 or 372 out his way sometime(after it gets freshened up).

There are lots of Canadian members here. If buying new isn't an option for you put an ad in the Trading Post and see if someone has a saw they want to part with near you. As stated above. If you want a one saw plan get the 562xp and ditch the 550xp. If you want to keep the 550xp, go for a 365, 372xp, or 576xp. Perfect two saw plan. Best of luck to you.

There are lots of Canadian members here. If buying new isn't an option for you put an ad in the Trading Post and see if someone has a saw they want to part with near you. As stated above. If you want a one saw plan get the 562xp and ditch the 550xp. If you want to keep the 550xp, go for a 365, 372xp, or 576xp. Perfect two saw plan. Best of luck to you.
Yep I will give a call back to the shop for the Johnny, and look locally in other shops.. If it's not working I will try the trading post. Sure I prefer to see by myself before buying! I also saw a 385 ported located in BC on trading post, a little more than I expected to spend ($) but it's an option.

Found a Stihl 066 that has not been fired up since 3 years for 250$.. Maybe that should be a good start? Parts may be harder to find since it's a "0" serie?

we ran jonesreds for a decade or two , now we don't get cold out here -- but i don't think you can go too wrong with a 2266

Back