Looking for a skid steer to use with mulcher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrw1717

Reaction score
I am looking for a skid steer to put a mulcher on. I am finding that I need atleast 30-60 gpm. I like the cat skid steers over all an was wondering if you know which cat skid steer i could get that could handle the mulcher.

thanks

man...all i can say is do not get the cat. I owned the 299c and in 500 hours it burned, blew the seals in the lift cylinders, need new bearings in the undercarriage, replaced the door twice, blew the hydro motor and a whole other slew of things i can't remember....it runs hot always, the ac unit is in a terrible place ect....i could go in for days...because of that machine in lost more work than i did. I got a bobcat t320 now and no problems so far...good forestry kit (you will still need to do daily cleaning however), decent cooling and with the exception of the radiators it is pretty easy to preform daily maintenance on. oh...it has a bullet proof door.

From what we have used and what others are saying here it would seem that to get a machine that won't be destroyed prematurely from using a mulcher head you need something from say Supertrak or some other outfit that builds machines specifically for mulching. We run a Bobcat T300 and with 1000 hours on it we haven't had to many issues but the tracks are about shot and we just dumped about 1500 bucks in the damned door sensor (Talk about a poor design!!).

Latest posts

Back