Looking for a truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnf0929

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody bought, sold or shopped a truck in the $7,500 range recently and if so what did you find?

I had a Toyota that failed a frame rust recall inspection so they bought back the truck and that's about what I've got to work with. Need something a little bigger than a Toyota...could only get a face cord in the bed and I don't know how much of a trailer it would pull even with the V6.

Thanks. Dan

go on line and search. my son just went thru that looking for a 2500 dodge. there's alot of excellent deals out there for all trucks, and, if you don't mind driving a couple of hours, some nearby states have better deals.

with the way things are now you can get alot of truck for 7500. Theres been a ton of deals of craigslist latley and then theres alway ebay. Take your time and dont rush into anything and youll be able to find your self somthing real nice.

If it's to be used for wood, I'd look and settle for no less than a 3/4 ton. Wood tends to beat up a truck especially the heavier it's loaded.

I picked up an 03 Ford 1/2 ton, 4x4, extended cab w/ 90K on it a year ago for 7. Shop and barter there are some deals to be had out there.

If it's to be used for wood, I'd look and settle for no less than a 3/4 ton. Wood tends to beat up a truck especially the heavier it's loaded.

And a real 3/4 ton, that means a full floating rear axle. How about getting a restored or in real nice shape old Chevy? Like from '67 to '86. Tough, easy to wrok on. Simple.

i just picked up a 2000 k2500 3/4 ton single cab 4x4 w/ 4 new tires, with 75 k for just over 6200.00 the truck is in great shape

You definitely want Carfax. Carfax paid for itself many times over in saving gas to go look at trucks, and finding issues that had been repaired that were deal breakers. I don't think Carfax is 100% accurate, but it is another tool in the selection process. You should be able to find a regular cab 4x4, 99 or later diesel super duty Ford for not much more than that.

I found one on e-bay last summer. 2000 F-250 4x4 Superduty Ext. Cab V10. It was in Orlando, Florida. Was a work truck for a paint/drywall business. High miles but no rust. Winning bid was 3,500. Yep, 3,500. My buddy and I flew down from Pennsylvania and drove it home. I have since had to put some work into it. Ball joints, sway bar, shocks, tires. I now have about 5,600 dollars into it. The truck has been in the Allegany Nat'l Forest all winter haulin' my wood supply without any problems what so ever. (Except for occasionally needing tire chains because of deep snow.) Never thought I'd do the e-bay thing for a vehicle, but seems to have worked out pretty well. Definitely cheaper than going through a dealer. Give it a try, be patient and find what you want.

Flehmen

And a real 3/4 ton, that means a full floating rear axle. How about getting a restored or in real nice shape old Chevy? Like from '67 to '86. Tough, easy to wrok on. Simple.

I just happen to have a 1986 Chevy dump in my driveway for sale. The engine is brand new. It was my work truck and when the engine went I couldn't sell it so I put a new 5.7 in it and fixed it up to sell. $5500. if you want it.

Be sure and check bank parking lots, I picked up a Dodge 2500 4 wheel drive with a Cummins diesel in great shape for $1500.00 cash. It had a 175k on it, but I've got it up to 215k and no issues except a busted tire. By the way it's a 95 model.

Be sure and check bank parking lots, I picked up a Dodge 2500 4 wheel drive with a Cummins diesel in great shape for $1500.00 cash. It had a 175k on it, but I've got it up to 215k and no issues except a busted tire. By the way it's a 95 model.

indiansprigs

Did the bank have a for sale sign on it?

Dan

No, I live in the country outside a small community, they have a corner of the lot where they park all the vehicles that are turned in or repo'd, that tipped me off is the number of boats there during the summer, I stopped in and inquired and they said they took bids on all the stuff, If I ever saw anything I was interested in just stop by and pick up a bid sheet, saw the truck, picked up a sheet and I crapped when I got it for the 1500.00, with the economy the way it is, it's sure worth calling a few banks in your area.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Nice find!!!

look on Craigslist in Ct.

Anybody bought, sold or shopped a truck in the $7,500 range recently and if so what did you find?

I had a Toyota that failed a frame rust recall inspection so they bought back the truck and that's about what I've got to work with. Need something a little bigger than a Toyota...could only get a face cord in the bed and I don't know how much of a trailer it would pull even with the V6.

Thanks. Dan

if you see anything in the Hartford area,i'd be glad to swing by and look at it for you.

Back