• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for Early Husqvarna 357xp Piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sepia

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for a piston for an early 357xp. They used a narrower connecting rod/bearing in the early saws so the distance between the piston bosses is narrower (approx. 14mm). The later saws used a piston with approx. 15.5mm between the bosses. Anybody got anything before I go looking for a 257 piston?

Thanks,
Chris

I’ve got an early 357 on the rebuild shelve with the 13mm narrower rod and I’ve never been able to find one of those pistons. However in looking for one I did come across a post where a guy put two 1mm shims in his with a new piston and it worked fine. You can buy 1mm shims dirt cheap.

I’ve got an early 357 on the rebuild shelve with the 13mm narrower rod and I’ve never been able to find one of those pistons. However in looking for one I did come across a post where a guy put two 1mm shims in his with a new piston and it worked fine. You can buy 1mm shims dirt cheap.
I have been running that through my head for a few days. Do you know what material the shims were made of? They would have to be tight fitting so they didn't beat around until they self destructed.

I have been running that through my head for a few days. Do you know what material the shims were made of? They would have to be tight fitting so they didn't beat around until they self destructed.
I think the ones I bought were stainless steel. I wouldn’t have bought anything that I didn’t think would work for that application. As I recall I found shims available In different materials.

Latest posts

Back