Looking for Husq oil pump drive gear puller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monaco

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the oil pump drive gear puller P/N 5025026-01 and sleeve P/N 5025099-01

I can't find it online. I have seen a few references to it on here. Would anyone be willing to sell, or rent the tool from you?

I need to complete a rebuilf of a Rancher 55 and just need the thing once.

thanks!

OK. I have great news, and owe someone a beer.

As soon as I saw the video that was posted in post #2, I took my stripped down crankcase into Rural King - the plumbing aisle. Stood there trying on various fittings, and bought a iron coupling. Added a $20 puller, to my basket and went home.

Finished the blasted job in 10 minutes!

I didn't even watch the video - the thumbnail image was enough.

The best thing is, I can return those items tomorrow... and I don't own a one-use tool!

Click on my avatar....says I'm in farmington ct.

No need for beer. Sub to my youtube channel and watch my vids. They will help. If you need any aftermarket parts check out the link in my sig to hl supply. If you make a purchase. .I get credit.

If I am pulling the worm gear, I probably have the case split and dont have any problem just pushing the gear off as i press the bearing off. Your going to screw up the seal anyways. As for putting the gear back on, I use my wifes old hair dryer. Just turn it on and set the gear in front of it until its to hot to hold and drop it back on the shaft. Just have a old deep well socket handy incase it doesnt fall all the way to the bottom. A old shaft bearing can be placed on top of the gear and used to bump the gear all the way on

you could weld a flat washer and a hex nut on top of that pipe fitting and then thread a bolt into it and eliminate the need for the gear puller. Not the easiest to weld to malleable iron but it doesn't look like it's highly stressed

I take the welders for granted as I grew up on farm and have stick welded for 50+ years, just wire feed in last couple years. But I REALLY like the lathe I think it was in your pics. Had an old one but never got it rebuilt or running.

I finished the build - all of this effort was to replace the seals "just to be safe."
The saw runs great now. First time I've ever rebuilt a top end. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Latest posts

Back