Looking for pro opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaberzEdge

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying thank you to all of you who dedicate your time to this site. I have been using it to do research for two weeks on finding the right saw and thought I should let you know your knowledge is appreciated. I decided on stihl because of local support and friends that use them. I also am buying used (ebay) so I can afford a model I want. Now let me tell you what I've learned:*Buy a professional model-for quality and durability-power to weight ratio-maintenance*Based on what I've read these models are the best, respectively (correct me if I'm wrong)-026 pro-028 super-361-044To help me decide you would need to know that my budget is about $400 and my primary use would be for fire wood, 2-5 cords/year as I am moving to my new home soon, which has ten acres wooded. I am torn between 026 pro and 361 as I think starting off with a smaller saw may be a good idea, both to learn on and to possibly buy a larger model later to complement it. I am also wondering a good price for each of these models as what I've found on here are older outdated posts on pricing.Thanks for reading such a long thread and I look forward to your comments, esp. from sawtroll!

Latest posts

Back