Looking For Used Stihl 026/260 PRO Chain Driven Oil Pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

I do volunteer work for a local trail club. In doing blow down clearing we are usually cutting a lot of small stuff interspersed with a lot idling before getting into the mail trunk. We have an MS260 Non-Pro with an engine driven oiler that I would like to convert to chain driven. The engine driven oiler pushes too much oil which makes an oilly mess out of the saw and clutch area which makes routine maintenance difficult.

According to the IPL for the saw Stihl makes a conversion kit (1121-007-1043) but Dr. Google comes up empty. It seems that everyone uses that part number for the replacement oil pump ONLY and not the conversion kit. Since this is a limited funds volunteer organization I would prefer used to avoid paying Mr. Stihl's prices.

Do any of you have one of these that you would be interested in selling or know where I should look online?

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks everyone for looking through your junk boxes and other suggestions. I am curious about finding new "take offs" on Thee Bay (Is there a prohibition against using the correct name?). I would have thought that the chain driven pump would be the desirable one. If they are taking these off new then what are they putting on?

Thanks everyone for looking through your junk boxes and other suggestions. I am curious about finding new "take offs" on Thee Bay (Is there a prohibition against using the correct name?). I would have thought that the chain driven pump would be the desirable one. If they are taking these off new then what are they putting on?
Some people just take a new saw and part it out as it is worth more in parts than it is as a whole saw. I bought one of those pumps and upgraded my 026 just like what you are wanting to do. It has everything you need. Some are .325 and some are 3/8 rims.

Some people just take a new saw and part it out as it is worth more in parts than it is as a whole saw. I bought one of those pumps and upgraded my 026 just like what you are wanting to do. It has everything you need. Some are .325 and some are 3/8 rims.

Thanks! I found one on Ebay and it is on the way. Now I have a mess to clean up... A 260 that has taken a bath in its own bar oil!

Latest posts

Back