Looking for wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news. Mr. Darryl Laampa just called. My furnace is shipping on Monday! I'm excited to say the least! :rock::blob2:

Great news. Mr. Darryl Laampa just called. My furnace is shipping on Monday! I'm excited to say the least! :rock::blob2:

COOL! Hope you can get it before turkey day, maybe work on it some this weekend! (assuming you are off work)

COOL! Hope you can get it before turkey day, maybe work on it some this weekend! (assuming you are off work)

I'm off tday weekend. And the heating guy said his boys wanna work the weekend also. So I may just have her running by next Sunday! Only thing in my way is the in-laws coming to visit. I'll put them to work.

If it's shipping on Monday, you will be lucky to get it by turkey day. Open both boxes completely before signing the packing slip. Easy to have hidden damage from trucking. Just got my check last week from augusts shipment..

P.S nice pics, but mine is prettier.

I notified my ins. company that I'd be putting this in the house. She said no problem as long as it's secondary heat! She said she would put note of it in my records. So I'm good to go!

And what if it was primary heat? Did she say?

Well. What she meant by it was that we still had our proPAIN furnace intact and still there incase fire goes out. They don't want frozen water lines. But around here its gotta get pretty cold for that.

That sounds about right. God knows that mechanical heat does not break, or run out of petro. I hate the ins people. After this warm spell you should be ready to pump out the wood heat. Be careful loading, it pumps out the heat.

That sounds about right. God knows that mechanical heat does not break, or run out of petro. I hate the ins people. After this warm spell you should be ready to pump out the wood heat. Be careful loading, it pumps out the heat.

Looks like I've got until the 27th before I'm gonna need it. Really was lucky that its been so mild.

Didja get it? Is it done yet? Howd it go? Whatchya think? Warm yet? Huh? Huh? Huh? :hmm3grin2orange:

Well SNAP!!!!! I ran back to receiving just a bit ago and low and behold!!! 2 boxes layin there with my name on it and they're the shape of a furnace and plenum box. MUST BE>>> COULD IT BE>>> IT IS!!!!!

Dunno when it showed!! Haven't talked to the manager yet. He called them late wed afternoon before I left work. And they told him it would be here on TUES at the earliest, but would be here on Wed. more than likely.

So crap. Now I have a furnace here but no trailer to bring it home in. I'm not putting it in the back of the truck. That would be a pia to unload then!:hmm3grin2orange:

Well SNAP!!!!! I ran back to receiving just a bit ago and low and behold!!! 2 boxes layin there with my name on it and they're the shape of a furnace and plenum box. MUST BE>>> COULD IT BE>>> IT IS!!!!!

Dunno when it showed!! Haven't talked to the manager yet. He called them late wed afternoon before I left work. And they told him it would be here on TUES at the earliest, but would be here on Wed. more than likely.

So crap. Now I have a furnace here but no trailer to bring it home in. I'm not putting it in the back of the truck. That would be a pia to unload then!:hmm3grin2orange:

Congrats dude! give me a holler and ill come help you unload her and install too if you need help.

I told you so...Did the receiver right up the damage before signing? When you put together a repair quote, Don't forget labor. Should take about 7 weeks for a check. Good luck with the install.

No. Boxes were in perfect shape.

We called wed before I left work and the shipping company said it was to be here on tues or wed. So this morning I went back to talk to receiving manager and tell him that when it arrives to get ahold of me and I would inspect it. But when I got back there 2 packages were sitting there with my name on it.

So they signed for it and truck left. I called the company. They're starting a claim. I told them there was hidden damage. Boxes were perfect. It takes quite a while to take all the packaging off to inspect anyways.

Latest posts

Back